|Headquarters||Redwood City, CA|
|Key people|| Mike Tuchen (CEO) |
Thomas Tuchsherer (CFO, VP of Corporate Development)
Ahsley Stirrup (CMO)
Laurent Bride (CTO)
|Investors|| Balderton Capital |
Silver Lake Sumeru
AGF Private Equity
|Number of employees||500+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Talend is a privately-held Data driven company, that provides data integration solutions to gain instant value from their data by delivering timely and easy access to all historical, live and emerging data. Talend runs natively in Hadoop using the latest innovations from the Apache ecosystem.Talend combines big data components for Hadoop MapReduce 2.0 (YARN), Hadoop, HBase, HCatalog, Sqoop, Hive, Oozie, and Pig into a unified open source environment, to process large datas quickly. Talend's Data integration products are available on subscription basis with a free trail. Apart from the products, the company offers technical support, consulting and training services.
Talend is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, the company has offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. The company has raised $101.58M as funds from 8 investors. Talend serves various sectors and industries like Finance insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, retail, Media, Entertainment, Public sector, Services, Telecommunications , Non-profit organizations etc. with over 1300 enterprise customers.
QualiQode LLC, is a texas limited liablity company at North Washington filed a lawsuit against Talend for patent infringement 
- 2006- Talend Was founded by Betrand Diard and Fabrice Bonan and in the month of june, the company raised $4M series A funding.
- 2007 - Talend launched its first product and the company raise $3.5M series B funding.
- 2009 - Talend raised $12M series C funding from Balderton Capital.
- 2010 - Talend raised $8.08 M Series D funding from Idinvest partners, Galileo partners and Balderton capital and $34M private equity funding led by Eclipse Foundation and Silver Lake Sumeru . In september ,Talend Acquired Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) vendor Sopera
- 2012Talend open studio for Big data, an integration application for big data was released.
- 2013 - Talend raised $40M venutre funding from Bpifrance, Iris capital and Silver Lake Sumeru..
- July 2015 - Talend announced the availablity of Talend Integration Cloud, a secure and hosted platform for connecting all cloud and on-premises data and application.
- January 2016 Talend along with Cloudera, Data Artisans, Cask, Google and Paypal proposed Google's Dataflow to the Apache software foundation 
- Febraury 2016 - Talend introduced Desktop Data prep App for quickly preparing data for analysis 
- June 2016 - Talend has registered to raise $86M through IPO.
- Data Fabric, integrates data and applications in real time across big data and cloud environments, as well as traditional systems allowing organizations to develop a unified view of their buiness and customers.The Data Fabric combines the platform edition of Talend products into a common set of powerful, easy to use tools for real time or batch, data or application integration, big data or master data management, on premises or in the cloud.
- Big Data Integration, provides platform with graphical tools and wizards that generates native code to work with Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Spark Streaming.Talend released the first data integration platform to run MapReduce, Spark and Spark streaming on YARN. This comes with data presentation with data integration to provide meaningful insight.
- Data Integration, provides unified tools to integrate, cleanse, mask and profile all the enterprises' data.
- Cloud Integration, integrates all cloud and on-premises data with a secure cloud integration platform-as-a-service to integrate and cleanse the data generated with powerful graphical tools and pre-built integration templates.
- Data Preparation is an open source platform for visualising the data and helps to easily export results into desktop tools like Excel and Tableau to make trusted decision.
- Open Studio" is an open source platform for big data applications.
- Application Integration provides a common set of application and data integration tools to build a service-oriented architecture, and connect, mediate, and manage services in real-time.
- Master Data Management unifies any amount of data into a single actionable insight. It combines real time data, applications and process integration with embedded data quality to share across on-premises, cloud and mobile applications.
Awards & Recognitions
Talend has been recognized by many awards by leading analyst firms and technology journals for its business and product innovations. Few of them are listed here.
- Talend won InfoWorld Bossie Awards in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Talend was recognized in CRN: Big Data 100, Emerging Vendors awards in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 
- DBTA 100 (2013, 2014 and 2015) 
- Talend was recognized SD Times 100:'Best in show' for Business development in 2014 and 2015
- Talend was listed in VAR Guy’s Annual Open Source 50 in 2010
- Talend won InfoWorld Technology of the Year Awards in 2009
- Talend was listed in CRN Big Data 100, Data Management Platforms in 2016
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|April 20, 2021||KingsSaddle||$TLND Talend Celebrates its 2021 Partner of the Year Award Winners #Tradeshow #News #Awards https://t.co/peoxA4vljE|
|April 20, 2021||HwiKyun_99||@SF9_FANCLUB HANDSOME AND TALEND MAN|
|April 20, 2021||chiektingtalend||We are #Hiring for an Enterprise Account Director to join the team in the Philippines. This is a fantastic opportun… https://t.co/TM2npDAChs|
|April 19, 2021||Talend||📊 We’re excited to announce our session at @Gartner_inc Data & Analytics Summit with @vyaire_medical's SVP & CIO, a… https://t.co/QFfL1iTNf2|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Talend Files Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering - Talend S.A., a global leader in big data and cloud integration, today announced that it has filed a registration statement on Form F-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) relating to a proposed initial public offering of American Depositary Shares (“ADSs”), each representing one of its ordinary shares.
- Splunk and Talend Users Can Now Identify over 40,000 Device Profiles and Analyze Web Traffic With WURFL InSight - ScientiaMobile has launched its WURFL InSight modules for Splunk and Talend which enhances Web logs with up-to-date information regarding devices and their capabilities.
- Talend Unveils New Data Fabric Platform - Talend is releasing the latest version of Talend Data Fabric, a powerful platform designed to meet the integration needs of both developers and business users, both on-premises or in the cloud.
- Flybe navigates smooth course for data integration with Talend - One of the projects involved in turning around the once-ailing airline has been a back-office refresh and implementation of links between new systems
- Moneysupermarket moves into the cloud with Talend - Moneysupermarket.com (MSM) has moved its IT infrastructure into the cloud in order to become more agile. The UK’s largest price-comparison websites, with revenues of more than £281.7 million, has undergone the IT transformation in order to rapidly launch new services, enter new markets and scale the company.MSM is using Talend Data Fabric and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to transform its IT function into the cloud.