|Headquarters||San Jose, CA, United States|
|Key people|| John Schroeder (CEO & Founder) |
Matt Mills (COO)
Dan Atler (CFO)
David Cross (CMO) 
|Investors||Silicon Valley Bank, Redpoint, Qualcomm Ventures, New Enterprise Associates, Mayfield Fund, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Google Capital|
|Number of employees||200-500|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
MapR provides converged data platform for organisations that integrates the power of Hadoop and Spark with global event streaming, real-time database capabilities, and enterprise storage for developing and running innovative data applications in a single cluster. The MapR Platform is powered by a fast, reliable, secure, and open data infrastructure that lowers TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and enables global, real-time, data-driven applications.
The MapR Platform delivers a comprehensive set of technologies including SQL capabilities via Apache Drill and other SQL-on-Hadoop engines. MapR suports a broadset of Hadoop ecosystem projects like Apache SparkTM stack, YARN, Apache Drill, Impala and more. MapR extends beyond Hadoop to other standards like POSIX and NFS. MapR is comprised of several core components, including Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapR Streams, MapR-DB and MapR-FS. Organizations with production needs, including sub-second response for fraud prevention, secure and highly available data-driven insights for better healthcare, petabyte analysis for threat detection, and integrated operational and analytic processing for improved customer experiences, run on MapR.
MapR Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2009 and is based in San Jose, California with locations in the United States, Europe, and APAC and is funded by companies like Silicon Valley Bank, Redpoint, Qualcomm Ventures, New Enterprise Associates, Mayfield Fund, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Google Capital. The company has raised a total of $170M funding from its investors and over 90% of its revenue comes from its software subscriptions and in the cloud.
Cisco, Google, HPE, Microsoft, SAP and Teradata are part of the worldwide MapR partner ecosystem. MapR has its sales offices operating in United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Japan, Korea, Australia, Singapore and India.
- 2009 - MapR was founded having funding of $9 million from Lightspeed Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates
- 2011 - MapR had an additional round of funding led by Redpoint
- 2014 - MapR closed a $110 million financing round that was led by Google Capital. Qualcomm Ventures also participated, along with existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, New Enterprise Associates and Redpoint Ventures.
- June 2015 - MapR Launches Spark-Based Quick Start Solutions for Hadoop and Collaborates with Google Cloud Platform to Offer $500 Credit on Resources for MapR Free Hadoop On-Demand Training
- Aug 2015 - MapR Takes its Hadoop Distro to AWS
- Dec 2015 - MapR launches MapR Streams, that helps in global streaming for big data
- Jan 2016 - MapR Partners Launch Free Test Drives in Collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Feb 2016 - MapR Awarded Patent for Converged Data Platform
- Mar 2016 - MapR adds Docker support, bulks up security on converged platform
- June 2016 - MapR launches new Converge Partners Program and Spyglass
Recent Awards and Recognition
- SD Times 100 Best in Show - June 2016
- 2016 Network Products Guide Gold Winner
- Computing's Vendor Excellence Award Finalist- 2016
- 2016 Gold Stevie Winner - Converged Data Platform
- Top 20 Coolest Platform And Tools Vendor- CRN -2016
- Top 10 Banking Analytics Solution Providers 2016
- Golden Bridge Award Winner - Bronze 2015 - Hadoop On-Demand Training- 2015
The featured customers of MapR Technologies are Aadhaar, Altitude digital, American Express, Ancestry.com. Aud, BeatsMusic, Blizzaard Enteratainment, Carlytics, Cisco, Cision, ComScore, Conversant, Credit Agricole,Cyber Agent, Datasong,Dentsuix, Eastern Bank, Ericsson, Experian, Global Good Game, Gurunavi, Harte Hanks, HP, Idexx Laboratories, IRI, Kenshoo, Kono, Lazada, Liaison, Linksmart, Livenatin, Macquarie, MSA, MediaHub, MDV,Millennail Media, National Institutes of Health, NOV, Novartis, Pico, Pontis, Quantium, QuinStreet, Rapp, Razonsight, Recruit Technologies, Return path, Rocket internet, Rubicon, samhammer AG, Samsung, Solutionary, Sovrn, Spins, Sportsbet.com, Surveymonkey, Terbium Labs, The climate Protection, TransUnion, Trueffect, The unbelievable Machine Comany, Urban Airship, US Government, United Healthcare, Valence Health, Velos, Wells Fargo, Xactly, Zions Bank.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|August 11, 2016||dez_blanchfield||the Zeta Architecture, a high-level enterprise construct
@MapR @Hadoop #BigData #Analyticshttps://t.co/VmqKqoJN2x https://t.co/OD4vi226wb
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- MapR's Spyglass keeps an eye on big data deployments - MapR Technologies' new Spyglass Initiative is an open and extensible approach designed to centralized monitoring of big data deployments. 
- MapR Unveils New Partner Program To Tackle Data Demand - The Converge Partners program is comprised of three tiers: Affiliate, Preferred, and Elite. With an expanded MapR ecosystem, customers can select certified products and solutions to lower project risks and realize cost savings over custom-built solutions. 
- MapR leverages Big Data analytics in fight against financial fraud - MapR describes the Risk Management Quick Start Solution (QSS) for Financial Services as a “data-driven” platform that provides a working data science model to detect anomalies, as well as consulting services with MapR’s data scientists. 
- MapR Technologies Named a Visionary in Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse and Data Management Solutions for Analytics - MapR Technologies has been named a Visionary in the Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse and Data Management Solutions for Analytics. The MapR Converged Data Platform enables customers to leverage a real-time, reliable analytics platform for global data-driven applications.
- The Daily Startup: Hadoop Fight Heats Up With MapR’s $110M Funding - The battle of IPO-bound Hadoop companies has heated up with MapR Technologies Inc. raising $110 million in funding from investors that included Google Capital and Qualcomm Ventures, Deborah Gage reported in VentureWire. 
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines
- MapR Awarded Patent for Converged Data Platform - The awarded patent recognizes the company’s fundamental innovation in data architecture that enables real-time and mission-critical application deployments at scale. The patented MapR Platform eliminates data silos through the convergence of open source, enterprise storage, NoSQL, and event streams with unparalleled performance, data protection, disaster recovery, and multi-tenancy features.