|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California, United States.|
|Key people|| Tom Reilly (CEO) |
Mike Olson (Chief Strategy Officer)
Amr Awadallah, Ph.D. (CTO)
Jim Frankola (CFO)
Jeff Hammerbacher (Chief Scientist) 
|Number of employees||1000+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Cloudera- a sponsor of the Apache Software Foundation,is an American-based software company that provides Apache Hadoop-based software, support and services, and training to business customers.It is based on the model of Hybrid Open source Software.According to Cloudera, more than 50% of its engineering output is donated upstream to the various Apache-licensed open source projects like Apache Hive, Apache Avro, and Apache HBase that combine to form the Hadoop platform. Cloudera is also a sponsor of the Apache Software Foundation. It is a platform for data management and analytics.Headquartered in Palo Alto,CA ; Cloudera has global operations in 27 countries with over more than 1200 people.In primary capital it has a finding of $670 million. It has a revenue mix as described -Subscription Software (70% – 75%) Professional Services (15% – 20%) Training (5% – 10%). It has about 2300+ partner ecosystem and investors like Intel,Accel Partners
- Three engineers from Google, Yahoo and Facebook , Christophe Bisciglia, Amr Awadallah and Jeff Hammerbacher, respectively, joined with a former Oracle executive Mike Olson to form Cloudera in the year 2008.
- Mr. Thomas 'Tom' Reilly has been the Chief Executive Officer of Cloudera, Inc. since July 8, 2013. Mr. Reilly serves as an Advisor of Appurify, Inc.
- He is a Co-Founder of Ombud Inc. He served as Chairman of Cloudera, Inc. from October 21, 2015 until March 16 2016. He also served as Vice President and General Manager of HP Enterprise Security Products upto October 2010.
- In March 2009-Cloudera announced availability of Cloudera distribution in addition with investment of $5 million by Accel partner.
- In January 2013 - Dell announced a strategic partnership with Cloudera.
- In March 2013 - Intel invested $740 Million in Cloudera for an 18% investment.
- In June 2014 - Accenture announced - Data as a platform offering based on Cloudera.
- In May 2015 - Capgemini announced SAP HANA - Cloudera Insight driven operations - get more for less with your SAP HANA installation with Cloudera Enterprise.
- In March 2016 - Cloudera announced it had over 2,100 partners consisting of 450 Software and OEM, 1400 System Integrators and Resellers, 200 Platform and Cloud and 50 Data Systems.Cloudera has the largest partner eco-systems of all Hadoop Distributions.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|October 20, 2020||Nick_Spiller||Exciting to see @EventadorLabs get acquired by @cloudera... they were one of the first startups I worked with at… https://t.co/Mhgw87qYb3|
|October 20, 2020||cloudera||IDC created a vendor profile about Cloudera, providing perspective on how they view Cloudera’s position in the #IoT… https://t.co/M1poA3UN1N|
|October 20, 2020||rschmelzer||Join @cloudera and @Cognilytica for #Webinar tomorrow 10/20 at 1pm ET on Accelerating Enterprise Data Engineering:… https://t.co/sx0rz345af|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Cloudera and Microsoft Lead Development of Open Source Project Livy for Easy Use of Spark from End-user Application- Cloudera and Microsoft, together with other open source contributors, have built a new open source Apache licensed REST-based Spark Service, called Livy, which is still in early alpha development.
- Cloudera and Capgemini to Accelerate Organizations’ Transformation to Big Data Analytics with Capgemini’s new Industrialized Solution - Leap Data Transformation Framework
- Cloudera collaborated with The Broad Institute on running Broad's Genome Analysis Toolkit fourth-generation Hellbender (GATK4) pipeline covered previously by InfoQ.
- Cloudera and Argyle Data Survey Shows 90% of Service Providers Believe Hadoop Is the Most Effective Platform to Combat U.S. $38bn Revenue Fraud
- Cloudera Leads Industry Collaboration to Groom More Data Professionals in Malaysia
Cloudera offers software, services and support in three different bundles:
- Cloudera Enterprise includes CDH and an annual subscription license (per node) to Cloudera Manager and technical support. It comes in three editions: Basic, Flex, and Data Hub.
- Cloudera Express includes CDH and a version of Cloudera Manager lacking enterprise features such as rolling upgrades and backup/disaster recovery, LDAP and SNMP integration.
- CDH may be downloaded from Cloudera's website at no charge, but with no technical support nor Cloudera Manager.
- Cloudera Navigator - is the only complete data governance solution for Hadoop, offering critical capabilities such as data discovery, continuous optimization, audit, lineage, metadata management, and policy enforcement. As part of Cloudera Enterprise, Cloudera Navigator is critical to enabling high-performance agile analytics, supporting continuous data architecture optimization, and meeting regulatory compliance requirements.
- Cloudera Navigator Optimizer (beta) - A SaaS based tool to provides instant insights into your workloads and recommends optimization strategies to get the best results with Hadoop.
- Cloudera University - World class training provided by Cloudera university.
- Cloudera Professional Services - World class professionals to help with customer success.
- Cloudera Support - World class support team available 24x7 to help customers proactively and predictively ensure success.
All versions may be downloaded from Cloudera's website.
- CDH (Cloudera Distribution Including Apache Hadoop), targets enterprise-class deployments of that technology. CDH contains the core elements of Hadoop that provide reliable and scalable distributed data processing of large data sets, like MapReduce and HDFS, as well as other enterprise-oriented components that provide security, high availability, and integration with hardware and other software.
In October 2012, Cloudera announced the Cloudera Impala project, an open-source distributed query engine for Apache Hadoop.