|Traded as||NASDAQ: HDP|
|Industry|| Computer Software |
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, USA|
|Key people|| Alan Gates |
Arun C. Murthy
|Products|| Hortonworks Data Platform |
|Number of employees||~950 (2016)|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Hortonworks is an Open source provider of Apache Hadoop Data analysis platform called Hortonworks Data Platform(HDP) powered by Apache Hadoop. Hortonworks Dataflow (HDF) is supported by Apache NiFi.
Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi and Spark. Along with its 1,600+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
- 2011 - Hortonworks team moved off from Yahoo and was formed as an Independent company in the month of June 2011.
Hortonworks announced Microsoft would collaborate on a Hadoop distribution for Microsoft Azure and Windows Server in October 2011.
- 2012 - Teradata announced an alliance with Hortonworks and Impetus Announced a strategic Partnership with Hortonworks 
- 2013 - Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)'s beta version is available for windows.
- 2014 - Hortonworks was listed in NASDAQ with 6,250,000 shares
- 2015 - Hortonworks Acquired Onyara and SequnceIQ
- 2016 - Wipro and DriveScale partnered with Hortonworks
- Hortonworks Data Platform- HDP is the industry's secure, enterprise-ready open source Apache Hadoop distribution based on a centralized architecture (YARN). Th main components of HDP is the YARN and the HDFS where the HDFS provides the scalable, fault-tolerant, cost-efficient storage for your big data lake, YARN provides the centralized architecture that enables you to process multiple workloads simultaneously.
- Hortonworks DataFlow -HDF supports Integrated collection from dynamic, disparate and distributed sources of differing formats, schemes, protocols, speeds and sizes such as machines, geo location devices, click streams, files, social feeds, log files and videos with high security to promote real time decisions.
- Hortonworks Sandbox - Sandbox is a personal, portable Apache Hadoop environment that comes with dozens of interactive Hadoop and it's ecosystem tutorials and the most exciting developments from the latest HDP distribution
In 2014,Hortonworks partnered with BMC Software for Big data management framework, Attunity and Cleo for Data integration, SAP and VMWare for cloud, database and other virtualization infrastructure.
In 2015, Hortonworks partnered with Mantech commercial services and B23.
In 2016, Hortonworks partnered with Wipro and Drivescale
In the year 2015, Hortonworks acquired Onyara, the leading contributor to the Apache NiFi Project ( a top level project at Apache Software Foundation). Apache NiFi supported Hortonworks Dataflow. Hortonworks acquired SequenceIQ to provide Automated Deployment of "Hadoop Everywhere"
In the year 2014, Hortonworks Acquired XA Secure, a leading security company, inorder to accelerate Hadoop Security
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|May 12, 2022||cherryh53067781||Cherry Hill Interiors is the best in office designers & decorators in Bangalore. The project of 27,000 sq. ft. comp… https://t.co/luMrgiW0gs|
|May 11, 2022||hmr1973||Big Data Security Market Size And Forecast | IBM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise AWS, Pivotal Software, Gemalto, Centri… https://t.co/rMEkQpaoB5|
|May 10, 2022||JeromeLintz||Being forced by Cloudera to migrate to CDP? Check out my blog post to find out how #dataobservability from Accelda… https://t.co/h7yjcxkQQg|
|May 10, 2022||SuriyaSubraman||Big Data Storage Solutions Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2027 - ManufactureLink: Big Data Storage Solutions Mark… https://t.co/2qT5WW0IpR|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
1.What Investors are Making of these Technology Stocks? - Infosys, VMware, Hortonworks, and Atlassian 
2.DriveScale Partners With Hortonworks to Improve Flexibility of Hadoop Hardware Platforms - DriveScale, the company that is pioneering flexible, scale-out computing for the enterprise using standard servers and commodity storage, today announced that it has joined the Hortonworks Partnerworks program and successfully completed the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) Certification process for the DriveScale platform.
3.Hortonworks Extends Professional Services and Training Offerings to Meet Growing Customer Demand - The new GPS program will help customers speed their business transformation by providing specific and tailored services.
4.Hortonworks Inc 124.1% Potential Upside Now Implied by Northland Capital - Hortonworks Inc using SYMBOL/TICKER code NASDAQ:HDP had its stock rating noted as ‘Initiated’ with the recommendation being set at ‘OUTPERFORM’ yesterday by analysts at Northland Capital
5.Wipro, Hortonworks tie up to push open source tech - Wipro has partnered with Hortonworks to give its open source initiative an additional push.