Windham Capital Management
|Windham Capital Management|
|Key people||Mark Kritzman(CEO), Charles Cutrell(President), Stan Shelton(Chief Advisor)|
|Number of employees||20-30|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Portfolio Management Technology Industry Overview|
Windham Capital Management, LLC is an employee owned investment manager. The firm provides currency management, and consulting services to its clients which include charitable organizations, asset managers, foundations, endowments, pension and profit sharing plans, consultants, government agencies, and other select institutional investors. It manages separate client-focused equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. It primarily provides its services to high net worth individuals. The firm invests in the public equity, fixed income, and alternative investment markets across the globe. It also invests in exchange traded funds. The firm makes its alternative investments in real estate, commodities, natural resources, and infrastructure assets. It employs quantitative and fundamental analysis with a bottom-up approach to make its portfolio. The firm conducts in-house research to make its investments. Windham Capital Management, LLC was founded in 1988 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
The firm manages 296 accounts totaling an estimated $2,684,621,097 in assets under management.
- 1988, Windham Capital was founded by Mark Kritzman to provide innovative solutions to sophisticated investors.
- 1989, Windham Capital begins managing money for institutional investors with active currency strategies— Rockefeller Foundation is first client.
- 1993, Founder and CEO Mark Kritzman receives the prestigious Graham and Dodd Scroll Award honoring excellence in financial writing, for work that was published in The Portable Financial Analyst: What Practitioners Need to Know.
- 2006, Windham Capital begins advising private clients on wealth management.
- 2009, Windham launches customized portfolios for a select group of private clients, investment advisors and small institutions.
- 2010, The Windham Capital Risk Regime Strategy is launched to provide institutional investors, financial advisors and private clients with a dynamic asset allocation strategy that integrates the Windham Risk Regime InvestingTM approach to manage risk through time.
- 2010, The Windham Multi-Asset Income Portfolio is launched to offer investors a strategy that seeks high income while managing for capital preservation in fragile markets and capital appreciation in resilient markets.
- 2012, Windham CM surpasses $1 billion in assets under management.
- 2013, Windham Capital Management named 2013 “Emerging Manager of the Year” by Money 
- 2014, Windham Capital expands its offerings by launching the Risk Regime Conservative strategy and the Liquid Private Equity strategy.
- 2015, Windham Capital surpasses $2 billion in assets under advisement.
- 2016, Richard Lindsey, Ph.D. and Andrew Weisman join Windham Capital as co-heads of the Windham Liquid Alternative Strategies
Windham Capital Management takes a risk-based approach to generating high and consistent income while managing for capital preservation in fragile markets and capital appreciation when markets are calm. This approach uses proprietary risk measures to understand how risk and yield opportunities change through different market environments and emphasizes a value-oriented style by continually reallocating to income-producing assets with higher yields and lower volatility.
Their portfolio offers:
- Proprietary risk management that seeks to manage against downside risk in fragile markets.
- A diverse set of income-producing assets to reduce portfolio and income volatility.
- The flexibility to invest globally across equity, fixed income, real estate and MLPs.
- Efficient implementation through investments in global, liquid exchange traded securities.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|May 18, 2021||jasonzweigwsj||The Intelligent Investor newsletter:
Separating from the Herdhttps://t.co/0CtSQqj5AO
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines