|Industry||Mobile Ad Networks|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Key people||Zain Jaffer, Richard Tallman, Jack Smith|
|Investors||Google Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, Crosslink Capital, 500 Startups, AngelPad, AOL Ventures, Ben Lewis, Crosslink Capital, Gokul Rajaram, SV Angel, SoftTech VC|
|Number of employees||160|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Mobile Ad Networks Industry Overview|
Vungle, Inc. provides in-app video advertising technology that helps application developers to enhance their applications with video advertisements. The company’s products include Vungle SDK with built-in support for 'Vungle Exchange' & 'Vungle Direct' to monetize and maximize eCPM with Vungle’s HD videos. It serves independent developers and application publishers worldwide. Advertisers depend on Vungle’s creative optimization technology, targeting, and HD video ad delivery to reach and acquire high-quality users worldwide. Top publishers rely on Vungle to generate revenue with engaging video ads.
Vungle serves around 2 billion video views per month on 500 million unique devices, and is consistently ranked #1 for cross-platform user retention by industry mobile performance indexes.
Currently running in more than 15,000 mobile apps, Vungle works with major brands and industry giants including Sega, Pocket Gems and Kiloo. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, and Singapore.
- Vungle was founded in 2011 by Zain Jaffer and Jack Smith.
- In May 2012, Vungle gathered $2M All-Star Seed Round Funding.
- In June 2012, Vungle opened its ‘app movie trailer’ ad network SDK to all developers.
- In 2014, Vungle snagged $17M in Series B funding.
- In March 2014, Vungle started offering the publishers the option to receive payments in bitcoin.
- In May 2014, Vungle announced the appointment of ex-Rovio and Upsight executive Ville Heijari to lead Europian Operations.
- In Sep 2014, Vungle launched Hybrid Serving Technology for Vungle Exchange
- On Oct 28 2014, Vungle announced partnership with Chukong Technologies
- In July 2015, Vungle underwent 400% growth in Mobile Video Ads in China.
- In Sep 2015, Vungle developed Vungle Premium,a programmatic private ad marketplace which provides the ability to advertise through apps based on an app’s rising or falling popularity.
- In Nov 2015, Vungle introduced SDK for Windows 10 in Collaboration with Microsoft.
- In Feb 2017, Vungle announced a $300M run rate marking a significant milestone for the start-up.
- In Oct 2017, Vungle appointed Rick Tallman it's new CEO after indefinitely placing former CEO, Zain Jaffer on leave.
Founder and CEO Zain Jaffer, was arrested in October 2017 and charged with assaulting and sexually abusing his 3-year-old son.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|January 27, 2023||goldeneye0||@Vungle ads are just too fucking aggressive!
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Vungle Surpasses Facebook and Google in iOS Retention Category in New AppsFlyer Performance Index Report - Vungle Earns Top Spots for Android and iOS Gaming Retention Globally and in North America. 
- Vungle has grown video ad revenue by 400 percent in China since 2015 - Asia Pacific is expected to become a $35 billion market by 2021 for online video revenues, according to market researcher Media Partners Asia. China is expected to be 76 percent of that revenue. 
- In-App Video Ad Startup Vungle Raises $17M More - Vungle, a mobile ad startup that focuses on 15-second, in-app videos, is announcing that it has raised $17 million in Series B funding. 
- Vungle Brings Leading App Monetization and Discovery Platform to Windows 10 in Collaboration with Microsoft - In addition to existing support for iOS and Android, Vungle now offers the first global monetization and user acquisition platform via in-app video advertising for devices running the Windows 10 operating system, including smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs. 
- Vungle Launches A Premium Marketplace Where Video Advertisers Can Find The Top Apps - Mobile video startup Vungle is launching a new private, programmatic marketplace for ads, which it’s calling Vungle Premium.