|Key people|| Adam Wilson (CEO) |
Joe Hellerstein (Co-founder & CSO)
Jeffrey Heer (Co-founder & CXO)
Sean Kandel (Co-founder & CTO)
|Number of employees||100|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Trifacta is a platform for preparing data for analysis purpose. Trifacta uses Hadoop with Spark or MapReduce. It offers Wrangler, a solution for the preparation of data on desktop for analytic uses, such as visualization and Wrangler Enterprise that enables analysts to explore and transform data of various shapes and sizes in Hadoop without writing code. The company was incorporated in 2012 and is based in San Francisco, California. It has operations in London and Berlin.
Trifacta claims to have prepared software solutions that transforms complex data into structured format for analysis.They use data wrangling technology consisting of six steps i.e. discovering, structuring, cleaning, enriching, validating and publishing.
Products and Solutions
Trifacta provides data wrangling solutions various industries such as financial services, telecommunication, life sciences. Trifacta also claims to offer solutions to its clients where internet of things, risk,compliance and security is involved. Trifacta provides two products named wrangler and wrangler enterprise.
- Wrangler- A connected desktop application that allows users to transform their data for a variety of downstream analytic and visualization uses such as Tableau.
- Wrangler Enterprise- It is claimed to improve an enterprise's big data by enabling users to turn raw, complex data into more structured formats
Trifacta was an outcome of a joint research project with Ph.D. and UC Berkeley Professor Joe Hellerstein , Ph.D. and University of Washington and formerly Stanford professor Jeffrey Heer, and Stanford Ph.D. Sean Kandel. It launched a software application that combines visual interaction and intelligent inference for data transformation process in October 2012. It was able to raise $4.3 million in Series A funding from Accel Partners led by Ping Li, head of the firm’s Big Data Fund. It received $12 million in Series B funding from Greylock Partners and Accel Partners, with Joseph Ansanelli of Greylock joining the board. In its Series C funding, Trifacta received $25 million as Frank Artale from Ignition joined the board. Most Trifacta raised $35M from existing investors Accel Partners, Greylock Partners, Ignition Partners and new investor Cathay Innovation, bringing the total amount raised to over $76 million recently.The company also has investments from X/Seed Capital, Data Collective and angel investors Dave Goldberg, Venky Harinarayan and Anand Rajaraman.
Trifacta’s advisors include Tim O'Reilly, New York Times visualization specialist (and former Heer student) Michael Bostock, Cloudera co-founder and chief scientist Jeff Hammerbacher, DJ Patil, and professors Sam Madden (MIT); Maneesh Agrawala (University of California Berkeley), Michael Bernstein (Stanford University) and Carlos Guestrin (University of Washington).
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|June 10,2016||Trifacta||We blogged on how Trifacta + @cloudera #Hadoop clears bottlenecks to transforming raw data http://ow.ly/hbJi3018A7U|
|June 10,2016||Marine Goddet||@BD_Group et @Trifacta organisent un #webinar pour les #banques et #assurances http://bit.ly/1UahPs3|
|June 9,2016||PredicSis||Good news! PredicSis est maintenant partenaire de @Trifacta! https://www.trifacta.com/news/item/quote-sheet-trifacta-wrangler-partner-program/ …|
|June 9,2016||Trifacta||#DataWrangling solutions can enable user exploration & ensure metadata tracking - more 6/16 http://ow.ly/foSj30164iZ|
|June 6,2016||Trifacta||We're welcoming @KeylinkTech to the Wrangler Partner Program! Learn more: http://ow.ly/UKBD300Z6vm|
Top Recent News Headlines
- Trifacta Named to CRN Big Data 100 for the Second Straight Year-Trifacta Named to CRN Big Data 100 for the Second Straight Year-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, announced today that CRN®, aLogo_Stacked_Color brand of The Channel Company, has named Trifacta to its 2016 Big Data 100 list.
- Trifacta Introduces Photon Compute Framework, Enhancing the Industry’s Most Fluid Data Wrangling Experience at Any Scale- Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, launched the Photon Compute Framework, a technology enhancement at the core of its award-winning data wrangling interface. Photon was developed specifically to provide Trifacta’s users with a richly interactive and computationally intelligent data wrangling experience on large in-memory datasets.
- Trifacta Expands Federal Market Presence to Accelerate the Delivery of Data Wrangling Solutions to Government Agencies-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling software,expanded themselves into the U.S. federal market with the appointment of Donna Bowling as the head of federal sales and a partnership with Carahsoft Technology Corp., the trusted government IT solutions provider.
- Trifacta Provides Data Wrangling for Infosys Information Platform-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling and Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and next-generation services, have partnered with each other to provide a data wrangling solution for the Infosys Information Platform (IIP) and Infosys’s other platforms and offerings.
- Launch of Trifacta Wrangler Brings Award-Winning Data Wrangling Solution to the Desktop Free of Charge- Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling software, released Trifacta Wrangler. Trifacta Wrangler now puts intuitive, self-service data wrangling immediately into the hands of knowledge workers everywhere. With this release, anyone who works with data in Excel or visual analysis tools, such as Tableau, can use Trifacta for free to more efficiently explore and prepare diverse data for analysis.
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
|June 10, 2016||Coudera Connect||Check out @Trifacta's webinar on June 16th - Wrangling, Metadata, &Governance - Supervision vs. Adoption; http://j.mp/1thKFgX|
|June 7, 2016||waterlinedata||How our partnership w/ @waterlinedata helps us unlock true value from #Hadoop http://bit.ly/1Y79o38 "|
|June 3, 2016||Will Davis||Via @computerworlduk - great coverage of @Trifacta’s session with @RBSGroup at #StrataHadoop http://ow.ly/sk7s300TMWs|
|June 2, 2016||Trifacta||Recap of Trifacta Software Engineer @Seshness #StrataHadoop session on floating elephants! #WrangleStrata|
|June 2, 2016||O'Reiliy Strata||Data relativism: There isn't a single truth, but many truths. Embrace the context. @joe_hellerstein #StrataHadoop|
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines
- Trifacta Named to CRN Big Data 100-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, announced today that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named Trifacta to its 2016 Big Data 100 list. This annual list recognizes the ingenuity of tech suppliers bringing to market innovative solutions for harnessing the increasingly huge amounts of data generated in today's digital world, raising the bar for data management and challenging established IT practices
- Trifacta Launches Largest Global Data Preparation Ecosystem with New Wrangler Partner Program at Strata + Hadoop World London-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, launched the Wrangler Partner Program, a global program to support and enable partners selling, implementing and innovating with Trifacta
- Trifacta Recognized as Champion and Top Vendor in 2016 Self-Service Data Preparation & Cataloguing Market Update by Bloor Research-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, has been selected as the top vendor in the 2016 Self-Service Data Preparation & Cataloguing Market Update by Bloor Research. The annual research evaluated 20 vendors, with this year’s report seeing an emphasis on self-service. As described in the research, data preparation is a critical part of the analysis process, empowering users to more efficiently connect to the relevant data sources and join, de-duplicate, transform, cleanse, enrich, filter and pivot their data.
- Trifacta Raises $35M in Growth-Stage Financing to Accelerate Global Expansion and Drive Further Product Innovation-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, has raised $35M in growth-stage financing from existing investors Accel Partners, Greylock Partners, Ignition Partners and new investor Cathay Innovation. The new funding brings the company’s total amount raised to more than $76 million. The additional financing will be used to fuel the growth of Trifacta’s global field organization and the continuing innovation of its award-winning products.
- Trifacta Brings Award Winning Data Wrangling Solution to Europe to Accelerate ROI on Big Data-Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling software, opened offices in London and Berlin. Trifacta allows analysts, data scientists and line-of-business users to more productively wrangle diverse data – a process that can take up to 80 percent of the analysis cycle. With Trifacta’s disruptive approach to data wrangling, users of varying technical abilities can discover, structure, clean, enrich, validate and publish data for analysis.