|Headquarters||Redwood City, CA, United States|
|Key people|| Ramin Sayar (CEO & President) |
Christian Beedgen (Co-Founder & CTO)
Bridget Gleason 
|Investors||Accel Partners, DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures and Shlomo Kramer|
|Number of employees||250+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Sumo Logic is a machine data analytics service company that sells log management and analytics software. It provides a cloud-based log management with an architecture with an elastic petabyte scale platform that collects, manages, and analyzes enterprise log data, reducing millions of log lines into operational and security insights in real time. The platform also features real-time interactive forensics and push analytics to provide proactive detection and notification of trends, changes and anomalies in data. Sumo Logic’s service also mines global trends and anomalies across customer organizations.
The Sumo Logic service is powered by patent-pending Elastic Log Processing, Push Analytics and LogReduce technologies that transforms log data into actionable insights for IT operations, application management, and security and compliance teams. It runs 100 percent of its business on Amazon Web Services, and it's also a close AWS partner with several joint accounts. Its SaaS-based, machine-data (log) analytics solution helps customers manage the quality of the end-user experience by detecting anomalies before they affect users and speed troubleshooting.
It was founded in 2010, in Redwood City, United States, by a technical leadership team with expertise in log management, scalable systems, Big Data and security. Over the years, it has received funding from Accel Partners, DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures and angel investor Shlomo Kramer. 
Elastic Log Processing and LogReduce technologies are few patent pending technologies used by Sumo Logic. It is built around a globally distributed data retention architecture that keeps all log data available for instant analysis, eliminating the need for an enterprise to manage the cost and complexity of data archiving, backups and restoration.
- With Elastic log processing one can process ALL the data, regardless of volume, type or location. It has helped creating a set of services that are separate and can be scaled independently and automatically.
- LogReduce Technology reduces millions of log lines into a handful of human digestible patterns that enable IT teams to get to insights without having to manually write queries to slice and dice the data. This enables IT teams to quickly find important and emerging system, application, and user behavior patterns that would otherwise require days of analysis.
Sumo Logic has created products to accelerate modern application delivery, monitor and troubleshoot in real time and improve your security and compliance posture. They provide :
- Unified Logs and Metrics - Turn Raw Machine Data into Real-Time Insights
- Continuous Intelligence - Delivered as a service, to enable customers to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation.
- Sumo Apps - Companies rely on Sumo Logic Apps to visualize trends and speed issue resolution in modern applications and IT systems.
Sumo Logic Free, a freemium full functionality edition of its analytical solution that is deployed on Amazon Web Services. Sumo Logic for VMware allows enterprises to search, visualize and analyze all VMware logs in real time so they can monitor and detect events within VMware virtual environments.
Awards and Recognitions
- Sumo Logic was named as a Cool Vendor by Gartner in the Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and IT Operations Analytics (ITOA) categories.
- Sumo Logic was named a Red Herring Americas 2012 Top 100 Winner.
- Radar Conference, Sumo Logic received the Judge's Choice and the Audience Choice Awards for Performance Monitoring, 2012
- RSA named Sumo Logic one of its top 10 finalists for the Most Innovative Company in 2012
- 2012 - Sumo Logic was founded.
- 2013 - Sumo Logic raises $15M in venture round with $30M raised earlier the year before.
- 2014 - Sumo Logic launches enterprise security analytics tool
- 2015 - Sumo Logic Launches Outlier Detection, Predictive Analytics and raises $80 million to streamline big data for IT operations
- 2016 - Sumo Logic Announces Availability of Sumo Logic Live Tail
Sumo Logic has partnered with various companies to deliver better products.
- For Technology Integration, Sumo Logic has partnered with Aqua, Observable Networks, Docker, Chef, Palo Alto Networks, Extrahop, Box, ServiceNow.
- Solution partners include Chuanhow, Segura,The Efiia Group, OCG Sytems,Cloud Comrade, GM Security Technologies, Cloudifie, Trace 3, Nordcloud, Global Dots, SHI, The Herjavec Group, Column Technologies, Cloudnexa, Alliance Technologies, Critical Start, Comm Solutions, Milestone, Itway, RXP Services, Rubix, Exceda, Zion Security, Trinibus, AIM Consulting.
- Sumo Logic Maintains Strategic Alliances with Hitachi Data Systems, Microsoft, Amazon Webservices, Akamai
Sumo Logic serves customers of various industries like Technology, Retail/E-Commerce, Media, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Education, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Staffing, Real Estate, Manufacturing, Travel and Government. Sumo Logic's Customers are listed below.
McGraw Hill, Acquia, Akamai, BBC, Orange, 3 Share, Actelion, Alaska Airlines, apigee, Bazaarvoice, Blucore, Blurb, Brightcove, CardSpring, Carsales.com, Concur, Cytobank, Dodge, Dollar Shave Club, Elance, Estee Lauder, Greenhouse, Guidewire, Hoteltonight,Houzz, Ibotta, infoblox, infor, Interactive Intelligence, JibJab, Kaiser Permanente, Limelight Networks, Lookout, Mattel, Medallia, Medicom Helath Interactive, Medidata, Netskope, Okta, Ooyala, Pagerduty, Pingboard, Progress Software, Relate IQ, Restoration Hardware, Rewardle, RingCentral, Sage Software, Zillow, Sauce Labs, Scholastic, Scripps network Interactive, Shop.CA, SnapLogic, Socrata, Swipely, TaskRabbit, Teads, Teladoc, thredUP, Tobi, Tunlen, Ubiquiti, Voxer, WD-40, Webjet Limited, Whispir, Zscaler.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|April 18, 2023||samueldfell||@SumoLogic did away with the antiquated, strict pricing models of other #Log#Management and #LogAnalytics vendors.… https://t.co/3EKH8pvyLA|
|April 18, 2023||stacykor||Tool sprawl makes it hard for #DevSecOps to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native apps, and causes costs to spir… https://t.co/owyeH9aNVs|
|April 17, 2023||DaToTweet||Meet @SumoLogic's team of #security experts at #RSAC! You can also get hands-on in our live security mini-workshops… https://t.co/VCtu0SWnAC|
|April 17, 2023||SumoLogic||ChatGPT has taken the world by storm. We are rapidly moving from an AI-assisted to an AI-led way of operating. See… https://t.co/BwZ0jOgEc2|
|April 17, 2023||Tickeron||How to make the right investment? Compare $SUMO vs. $TTWO. #SumoLogic https://t.co/gf94sDThW6 https://t.co/PMiui1wxTG|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Sumo Logic Announces Availability of Sumo Logic Live Tail - New Feature Provides Developers With Ability to Use tail -f to Centralize and Analyze Logs in Real-time. 
- Sumo Logic Increases Customer and Partner Momentum in Asia Pacific - Customer Demand for a Cloud-Native Data Analytics Platform Increases in the Region; Sumo Logic Signs New Distribution Agreement With Distribution Central. 
- Sumo Logic Demonstrates Integration With Docker Platform as Part of New Docker Ecosystem Technology Partner (ETP) Program for Logging - Enhanced Sumo Logic Collector and Application for Docker Available in December. 
- Sumo Logic Sets the Bar for Security in the Cloud With ISO 27001 Certification - First Cloud-Native Data Analytics Vendor to Secure ISO Certification; Provides Customers With the Highest Level of Compliance Certifications to Secure Data in the Cloud. 
- Sumo Logic Changes Leadership, Naming Ramin Sayar CEO - The company has replaced Vance Loiselle, who joined Sumo Logic from BMC Software Inc. in May, 2012, with former VMware executive Ramin Sayar. 
Top Lifetime News Headlines
- Will Sumo Logic Pin Splunk? - Global Equities Research gave the edge to Sumo Logic but since then Splunk’s shares have risen around 50%. So it will be interesting to follow their wrestling match for share in the market for log management services to detect and repair glitches in a company’s systems. 
- Sumo Logic raises $15M, drops its stealthy status - Sumo Logic, an enterprise log management and analytics company, announced today it has raised $15 million in its second round of funding. Sutter Hill Ventures led the round with participation from Greylock Partners and angel investor Shlomo Kramer.