Strategic Information Technology
|Strategic Information Technology|
|Industry||Portfolio management software|
|Slogan||To enhance the performance of our customers|
|Key people||Chris Buck (President & CEO), Stephen Leeming(CTO), Barbara Baron(CFO), Rob Leeming(Director & Senior Advisor)|
|Number of employees||200|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Portfolio Management Technology Industry Overview|
SIT, founded in 1988, develops and markets Portfolio Plus, which is used by financial companies in Canada, the UK, Ireland, and the Caribbean. SIT's banking software enables credit unions, banks, trust companies, and credit companies to offer online banking, mortgages, loans, credit options, investments, term deposits, retail banking, floor plan management, and more.
Portfolio Plus, features a plug-in banking architecture with functionality options that include retail banking, investments, term deposits and loans. SIT's Open Banking Interface, offered with Portfolio Plus, is especially suited to those companies who need to move rapidly with a digital strategy. Portfolio Plus can also be tailored, on request, to meet specific customer requirements.
- October 31, 2005, Strategic Information Technology announced that General Bank of Canada has gone live with Portfolio Plus and is now executing its business plan for providing indirect consumer financing to Canadian franchised dealerships.
- September 21, 2005, Strategic Information Technology Limited announced that PACE Credit Union, choose to upgrade their current banking software to include OfficeLink, a Portfolio Plus product which allows for seamless and customized automation of client correspondence.
- Feb 15, 2006, Strategic Information Technology Limited announced that MCAP Inc., has chosen Portfolio Plus to help increase the functionality of its term deposit business.
- January 15, 2007, Strategic Information Technology Limited announced that ING Bank has chosen Portfolio Plus to manage broker-originated term deposits.
- July 23, 2007, Strategic Information Technology Limited announced that State Bank of India (SBI Canada) has chosen Portfolio Plus to help increase their success in the Canadian financial market.
- April 30, 2008, SIT Announces Additional Loan Partner Functionality.
- Strategic Information Technology received Payment Card Association Certification.
- Strategic Information Technology Ltd. (SIT) announced that Rob Leeming, President of SIT, was inducted into the Canadian Mortgage Hall of Fame.
- February 1, 2010, Strategic Information Technology Limited announced the acceptance of the Business Focus award from Progress Software in recognition of SIT’s market development efforts.
- August 28, 2012, Strategic Information Technology announced the September 15, 2012 release of Portfolio Plus 2013, which includes over 25 enhancements to SIT’s banking software platform.
- October 29, 2012, Strategic Information Technology announced the release of Portfolio Plus Forecaster – a system that can predict cash flows and profitability in relation to asset and liability financial instruments in any given book of business.
- October 29, 2012, Strategic Information Technology announced Portfolio Plus Originator, a product that revolutionizes the approach to mortgage origination with the support of an unlimited amount of mortgage partners and team members.
- February 6, 2013, Strategic Information Technology Ltd. ("SIT") is pleased to announce the availability of a GICSERV interface to its Portfolio Plus banking software platform.
- February 13, 2013: Strategic Information Technology Ltd. announced the availability of an interface to Neocog Technologies Inc.’s (“Neocog”) ACE Customer Relationship Management tool.
- October 16, 2013, Strategic Information Technology announced the general availability of the Clearing and Depository Services (CDS)/CANNEX/Portfolio Plus Interface that will facilitate the same day electronic net settlement of funds related to GIC purchases, maturities, redemptions, as well as interest and commission payments.
- February 17, 2014, Strategic Information Technology Ltd. announced that Single Euro Payments Area (“SEPA”) functionality is available for financial institutions and non-financial institutions using Portfolio Plus.
- April 11, 2014, Strategic Information Technology announced that Chris Buck has been named CEO of SIT.
- June 15, 2015, Strategic Information Technology Ltd. announced that Enliven has selected SIT's Portfolio Plus banking software platform to power its online personal and home equity loan offerings.
- September 8, 2015, Strategic Information Technology announced that Credit Unions of B.C., through Central 1 Credit Union, are leveraging the company's investment software to offer the new B.C. Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG) to credit unions across British Columbia.
- October 14, 2015, Strategic Information Technology announced that Habib Canadian Bank purchased the company’s Investment software to offer registered investment products in Canada.
- SIT co-founder Salvatore (Sam) Ilaqua passed away on February 2, 2016.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|May 14, 2022||KazuriJo||@paulrey44802793 (ii) invest in, engage, or otherwise control strategic sectors in Africa, such as mining and other… https://t.co/KclBfYLcvL|
|May 16, 2022||gradesaverr||Information Technology Importance in Strategic Planning https://t.co/lU1sih5o7q|
|April 28, 2022||LocusChain||#BloomTechnology Enters into a Strategic Partnership Agreement with #Kontur, AI Specialist Company Based in North A… https://t.co/XtU7gkm6gT|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Sam Ilaqua, SIT Co-Founder, Has Passed Away.
- Habib Canadian Bank Acquires Software to Offer Registered Investments in Canada.
- Credit Unions of B.C. Are First to Offer B.C. Training & Education Savings Grant.
- Enliven Selects SIT’s Banking Software for Its Unique Cloud and Mobile Underwriting Platform.
- Paramount Equity Financial Chooses Portfolio Plus.
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines