|Industry||Portfolio management software|
|Headquarters||Cambridge, MA, United States|
|Key people||Gerard Michael (Co-Founder), Mark Nitzberg (Co-Founder, CTO), James Taylor (Co-Founder), John de Souza (Co-Founder),Robert McKinley |
|Number of employees||11-50|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Portfolio Management Technology Industry Overview|
Smartleaf provides an advanced overlay portfolio management solution that enables wealth managers to efficiently implement any investment decision across all client accounts within one business day. At the firm level, Smartleaf is a tool for rapidly distributing and implementing investment ideas. At the account level, it automates customized rebalancing to free portfolio managers from manual tasks. Unlike other portfolio management solutions, Smartleaf provides proactive trade recommendations for every account, along with daily metrics to help managers identify opportunities. 
Following are the benefits provided by the Smartleaf software -
- Customization Made Easy - Each client’s personal investment profile is captured on Smartleaf to make ongoing, customized account management efficient and easy.
- Daily Metrics - Smartleaf delivers daily metrics that help portfolio managers identify opportunities to add value by reducing drift or realizing tax benefits in a timely manner.
- Risk Management-Smartleaf analyzes every account daily, ensuring that outlier portfolios are identified and addressed in just one
- Open-architecture solutions - Smartleaf enables you to become open architecture, while simultaneously improving productivity, customization, and tax management.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|February 14, 2023||Vetta_Fi||You: managing custom portfolios is a snoozefest
Us: new tech & direct #indexing actually make it easyYou: *clicks… https://t.co/fhsJHQca6j
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- How Much Can Smartleaf Reduce Taxes? - Smartleaf's automated system substantially lowered investor tax bills and gave advisors the tools to prove it. 
- 2015 Year in Review: Raising Automation and Efficiency to New Levels - Smartleaf is the premier automated overlay portfolio management solution for banks and RIAs. Below are some highlights from 2015. 
- Smartleaf Unveils Digital Wealth Platform at their 2015 User Group Conference - Smartleaf, a leading provider of overlay portfolio management solutions to the wealth management industry, concluded their 5th annual User Group Conference this September. 
- Smartleaf Study Shows Tax-Sensitive Transition Saves 6.92% of Portfolio Value - Accounts transitioned to the direct index also had a net tax benefit 46.3% of the time, compared to only 4.8% of accounts transitioned to an ETF. 
- Introducing Smartleaf Asset Management - Smartleaf, Inc.'s Fully-Owned Subsidiary Leverages Smartleaf's Technology to Manage Direct Index Portfolios