|Key people|| Lars Björk (CEO) |
Anthony Deighton (CTO)
Rick Jackson (Chief Marketing Officer)
Tim MacCarrick (CTO)
Diane Adams (Chief People Officer) 
|Investors||Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) and Accel|
|Number of employees||2500+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Qlik Technologies Inc is a provider of user-driven Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that enables its customers to make informed business decisions. It is engaged in the development, commercialization and implementation of software products and related services segment. Its software products help people create and share insights and analysis in groups and across organizations.
It has over 38,000 customers who look upon Qlik solutions to gain meaning out of information from varied sources, exploring the hidden relationships within data that lead to insights that ignite good ideas.
Qlik delivers intuitive platform solutions for self-service data visualization, guided analytics applications, embedded analytics and reporting to companies from various sectors, worldwide. Its solutions portfolio is comprised of three core solutions that are powered by their patented engine technology. QlikSense is a next-generation visual analytics platform, QlikView is a proven guided analytics and dashboarding solution, and QlikCloud is a growing portfolio of SaaS apps. Template:Reference needed
Product and Solutions
Qlik simplifies the way people use data by making it a part of how they make decisions. Over the years they have come up with several products to serve various industries like Financial,Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Energy and Utilities, Communications, Life Sciences, Consumer Products and many others. Their products are listed below :
QlikView is the Business Intelligence platform for turning data into knowledge. It enables users to gain unexpected business insights by understanding how data is associated—and what data is not related. They can conduct direct and indirect searches across all data anywhere in the application—globally or within a single field. When the user clicks on a data point in a field, no queries are fired. Instead, all the other fields instantaneously filter themselves based on the selection the user made.
QlikView also offers guided exploration and discovery and collaborative analytics for sharing insights. Additionally, the program allows users to build and deploy analytic apps without requiring professional development skills, helping drive faster response to changing business requirements, shorter time to value, and more insight across an organization.
Qlik Sense is a self-service data visualization and discovery application designed for individuals and group collaboration. Qlik Sense lets the users to rapidly create visualizations, explore data deeply, and share insights instantly, to reveal connections in the data and see opportunities from every angle. It has three editions :
- Qlik Sense Desktop - It is a free data visualization tool that anyone can use on a personal computer.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise - It helps to visualize data, build custom apps, embed visuals and support the entire spectrum of enterprise-level uses.
- Qlik Sense Cloud - Interact with Qlik Sense apps whenever the need arises and helps to invite others as well.
This provides an advanced reporting and distribution solution. It helps to centrally schedule, generate and deliver reports through a variety of channels, filter information for customized reports relevant to the user and search for and subscribe to reports through a secure, self-service “Newsstand” portal. It also provides enhanced security and scalability for large enterprise deployments.
- Qlik DataMarket - The Qlik DataMarket helps to find, connect and manage data from external sources.
- Qlik Analytics Platform - This helps to develop everything from simple mashups to complex integrated web applications with ease.
- QlikCloud - This is a growing portfolio of SaaS apps. Template:Reference needed
- 1993 - Qlik was founded inin Lund, Sweden
- 1996 - QlikView Application was created
- 2000 - Måns Hultman became CEO and Lars Björk became CFO.
- 2005 - The single-user desktop tool was replaced with a server-based web tool and Qlik established partnerships with Intel and HP
- 2007 - Lars Björk becomes Qlik’s CEO
- 2009 - QlikTech taps into business data via the iPhone
- 2010 - Qlik went Public
- 2012 - Expressor Software acquired by QlikTech
- 2013 - Godrej Consumer Products Chooses QlikView Business Discovery Platform
- 2014 - QlikTech launches Winter Games app
- 2015 - Cwm Taf University Health Board Chooses Qlik to Improve Patient Care and becomes Highest Ranked Visual Analytics Vendor in New BARC BI Score 2015 Report
- 2016 - Qlik Strengthens Cloud-Based Offerings with Acquisition of Industrial CodeBox, Wipro and Qlik Extend Global Alliance and is acquired by Thoma Bravo 
Awards and Recognition
- 2016 - Qlik is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner’s Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms Magic Quadrant for sixth consecutive year. 
- Qlik Sense selected as a Silver winner for the Best in the Biz 2015 Most Innovative Product of the Year
- The OCBC Group Decisioning and Analytics team received the Best Data & Analytics Initiative Award - 2015, presented at The Asian Banker’s International Excellence in Retail Financial Services event. Part of the winning recipe included QlikView, deployed as the enterprise standard dashboarding and visualisation tool.
- Qlik is the only data discovery vendor recognized as ‘hot’ for analytics and business intelligence in Ventana Research 2015 Value Index.
- Qlik Recognized as Only Data Discovery Vendor with 5-Star Rating in CRN’s 2015 Partner Program Guide
- Qlik was named the most popular BI tool by IT Central
- June 29, 2016 - Andrews & Springer LLC Announces That A Law Firm Has Filed A Class Action Lawsuit Against Qlik Technologies, Inc. - QLIK - A class action lawsuit has been filed by another law firm on behalf of stockholders of Qlik Technologies, Inc. seeking to challenge the Company’s recently announced merger. 
- June 2, 2016 - LAWSUIT ALERT: Andrews & Springer LLC Announces That A Law Firm Has Filed A Class Action Lawsuit Against Qlik Technologies, Inc. - QLIK - Qlik and private equity firm Thoma Bravo LLC announced the signing of a definitive merger agreement pursuant to which Thoma Bravo will acquire Qlik in an all-cash merger worth approximately $3 billion. As a result of the merger, Qlik shareholders are only expected to receive $30.50 per share. 
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|January 25, 2022||sms_miller||So awesome to see @Qlik supporting #internationaldayofeducation. Higher education students can join the Academic Pr… https://t.co/hbUp5tcmtV|
|January 25, 2022||TheCR||Job alert! Technical Online Community Manager @qlik https://t.co/LTC1IHsuka #cmgr #cmgt|
|January 24, 2022||qlik||The difference between a #data winner and #data loser? Access to hyper-contextual analytics and immediate action.… https://t.co/kuIlllGOE0|
|January 25, 2022||motio_inc||Last chance to register for our "Bridging The Gap" @qlik webinar tomorrow! If you're a #QlikSense user we'd love f… https://t.co/EyDa8HRpaQ|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Thoma Bravo Buys BI Firm Qlik For $3 Billion - Visual data analytics vendor Qlik Technologies will go private, following the lead of many other tech vendors including Informatica and Dell. It has agreed to be acquired by private equity firm Thoma Bravo LLC in an all-cash transaction valued at about $3 billion.  
- Qlik Strengthens Cloud-Based Offerings with Acquisition of Industrial CodeBox - Qlik acquired Industrial CodeBox, the company behind QVSource, which allows Qlik Sense® and QlikView® users to include data from cloud-based sources such as social media, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, and other web-based APIs into their applications for deeper levels of insight. 
- Qlik to Webcast a Financial Analyst Presentation at Qonnections 2016 - Qlik will webcast a financial analyst presentation at Qonnections 2016 in Orlando, Florida on Tuesday, May 3, 2016. 
- Qlik Technologies explores potential sale: Reuters - Qlik has begun exploring strategic alternatives, including a sale, after coming under pressure from an activist shareholder, according to people familiar with the matter. 
- Qlik Expands Partner Network in Asia - Qlik Adds 33 New Partners in Asia to Accelerate Growth Momentum in Region and Recognizes High-performing Partners at Event in Phuket.