|Industry||Financial Services, FinTech|
|Headquarters||San Carlos, CA|
|Key people||William H. Harris Jr., Rob Foregger, Louis Gasparini|
|Investors||Institutional Venture Partners, Venrock, Crosslink Capital, Corsair Capital, IGM Financial|
|Number of employees||200+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Portfolio Management Technology Industry Overview|
Personal Capital Corporation provides financial advisory services and financial software to individuals. The company offers wealth management services for investors. Its software enables to monitor and control the income, spending, and performance of investments on a single screen, as well as analyses mutual funds. The company also provides investment checkup tools, personalized financial plans, risk assessments, and other tools through its software. Personal Capital was founded by Bill Harris and Rob Foregger in 2009. Bill Harris was former CEO of Intuit Inc. and PayPal. Personal Capital was formerly known as SafeCorp Financial Corp. and changed its name to Personal Capital Corporation in June 2010.
In June 2015, Personal Capital acquired $1.5 billion in assets under management and claimed that there were 800,000 people using Personal Capital’s free investing tools to monitor $150 billion in assets
- Personal Capital was founded by Bill Harris and Rob Foregger in 2009, previously named SafeCorp Financial Corp.
- In 2011, Personal Capital raised $25M in Seed Funding Round.
- In March 2012, Personal Capital launched its application for iPad.
- In June 2013, Personal Capital collected $25 Million inn Series C Funding for its Online Wealth Management Platform.
- In Oct 2014, Personal Capital garnered $50,000,000 Series D Financing Round.
- In Dec 2015, Personal Capital debuted their first eBook: A Better Financial Life.
- In March 2016, Personal Capital surpassed $2 Billion in assets.
- In May 2016, Personal Capital raised $75 Million in Series E Funding.
- In June 2016, NBA choose Personal Capital to enhance their players' Financial Education
- In July 2016, Personal Capital and Alliance Partners partnered to offer Co-Branded experience to their customers.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|January 28, 2022||JB__Audiopro||@PersonalCapital told me during a sales call that I had too much $APPL back in 2017 and to buy small caps. Glad I didn't listen.|
|January 28, 2022||PersonalCapital||Volatility happens. As an investor, what can you do now? Here are considerations for riding out this period of… https://t.co/xqsdNfaMLp|
|January 25, 2022||PersonalCapital||#PersonalCapital data via @CNBC: "The #2022WealthWellness Index found that how people feel about their… https://t.co/yEFHoHlB7A|
|January 27, 2022||herfirst100K||https://t.co/r5CSafrkZb Check out my latest blog on @PersonalCapital "How to Make the Most from a Raise or Bonus" 💸 https://t.co/j403q4L4gY|
|December 09, 2021||barbfriedberg||Now is a good time to get your finances in order. Personal Capital vs. Mint vs. Quicken Review… https://t.co/1gGZWwnZ3E|