|Industry||Data Science, Business Intelligence Software|
|Key people||Eynav Azarya, CEO Rony Ross, Executive Chairman and CTO, Oudi Antebi , VP Strategy and Marketing, Kobi Averbuch, VP R&D|
|Number of employees||200-500|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Panorama Software is a Business Intelligence (BI) solutions company founded in 1993 and currently located in Toronto, Canada. Panorama has created Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) technology. Their OLAP technology was sold to Microsoft Corporation in 1996 where it was integrated into the SQL platform and rebranded as SQL Server Analysis Services. While catering to over 1,000 customers worldwide, Panorama Software is involved in a variety of industries including manufacturing, retail, healthcare, telecommunications, financial services, and life sciences. Panorama Software allows global organizations to identify trends, maximize opportunities for business, and improve corporate performance & results. Panorama® NovaView™ is the company’s flagship product. It expands the impact of the information worker through an integrated and complete suite of analysis, reporting, scorecard, dashboard and data modeling applications. These applications support the two Business Intelligence platforms, SAP (NYSE: SAP) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT).
Their product Panorama Necto identifies relationships between workers based on skills and projects to manage knowledge throughout the enterprise. While the majority of current corporate social networking tools are based on people, skills, and interests, Necto begins with business data and then makes connections based on who is interested in or knows about that data. Anyone within the company can follow other users to see their involvement with company information as well as view updates on their publishing.
Panorama Necto allows users to pinpoint areas of their business where an action is needed while also showing them what is going on within their company and what they should be concerned about. Necto also speeds up response time so businesses can become more efficient. Based on who a user is following the software has a feature where it can suggest new items of internal company data that could be of interest. It connects individual users to other users who are looking for similar data findings by using the information it tracks from users accessing and commenting on information. Necto has a "One Click Insights" feature to narrow issues such as decreases in product sales. Other functions that are claimed to save time are the "Cause and Effect" features. These features help find the root causes of issues based on data that is underlying.
Individuals are allowed to generate custom views of the data without waiting on others to run reports for them with Necto as it offers self-serve data mining and report generation. Users can collaborate to create "workboards" and visual presentations as they put together teams to assess issues within their business.
- 1993: The company was founded in Israel by Rony Ross
- 1995: First product release out of Israel
- 1996: Panorama sold its OLAP technology to Microsoft
- 2003: Panorama relocated its worldwide headquarters to Toronto, Canada
- 2007: Panorama Novaview was installed and tested by over 1000 new companies all over the world after the launch of the first BI virtual appliance that enables customers to use a full version of NovaView at no cost or obligation
- 2008: 79% year over year growth within its Enterprise Software Division and launch of the Beta version of analytics, Panorama Analytics for Google Docs for reporting and data visualization solution for Google applications.
- June 4th, 2008, officially announced a cloud computing analytical engine for Business Intelligence (BI) applications; its PowerApps™ strategy.
- July 15th, 2008, released NovaView Version 5.5
- Dec 2nd, 2008, released SharedViews, which allows users to share and collaborate on NovaView reports with users outside and inside the firewall through Google Apps.
- 2009: January 13th released a new version of Panorama Analytics for Google Apps by enabling Excel and other files to load directly into the app
- February 2nd, 2009, announced a formal partnership that was started in 2008 with Harvey Jones (a subsidiary of Avisen Plc which is one of South Africa’s leading BI consulting companies)
- March 5th, 2009, formed a new relationship with M.I.T. Ltd. (a Japanese software developer, IT consultancy and system integrator with extensive knowledge on Microsoft and SAP platforms and products)
- April 8th, 2009, launched the latest version of Panorama Analytics solution for Google Apps™. The new release extended the connectivity to Google Docs™, Excel, and CSV files to support any information that was inside the firewall with Google’s Secure Data Connector product. Customers could now perform Business Intelligence on their enterprise data for free instead of paying significant amounts of money for specialized apps with the same functions.
- June 25th, 2009, announced NovaView Version 6.0 and NovaView became immediately available as a reliable, long-term BI solution. They offered orphaned LucidEra customers a simple option for bringing their BI data to its offering.
- July 14th, 2009, Panorama announced its closer partnership with Microsoft after it's release of NovaView 6 and the special preview announcement of Office 2010
- October 2009, announced a partnership with AddView Sweden AB to distribute Panorama NovaView to businesses in Nordic countries
- December 2009, announced a collaboration with ITMAGINATION which distributed Panorama NovaView to Poland businesses
- 2010: Panorama Software’s accelerated partner initiative announced as a simple process that can be filled out in minutes. This put resellers on the fast track to BI excellence.
- April 21, 2010, announced the launch of NovaView for PowerPivot, (created on top of the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 PowerPivot platform that is self-service BI capable and in -memory engine)
- June 2nd, 2010, announced the release of NovaView 6.2
- 2011: March 22, unveiled plans for their newest product, Panorama Necto, the industry’s first socially-enabled BI solution
- May 11th, 2011, presents the new Panorama Necto product
- July 14th, 2011, Necto able to operate with the Windows Azure cloud-based application platform
- October 24, 2011, Panorama Necto became one of the first SQL Server business intelligence platforms to be available on Windows-based tablet PCs
- 2012: Necto became available on SQL Server 2012, Microsoft’s cloud-ready database software
- June 11th, 2012, a partnership agreement with NessPro Italy and NessPro Spain Advantech Pro companies. NessPro now offered Necto to its international clients.
- June 19th, 2012, partnership agreement with ITR Software
- August 17th, 2012, in The 9th Annual International Business Awards(SM) Panorama Software received a Bronze Stevie Award for the Best New Product or Service of the Year 'Software' New Version category.
- 2013: partnership with Datawatch Corporation (NASDAQ-CM: DWCH) announced. This partnership took place to offer users better solutions to tackle Big Data.
- March 5th, 2013, released a new version of Panorama Necto
- November 5th, 2013, released a newer version of Panorama Necto
- 2014: a Toshiba Group Company and Panorama Software established a technology partnership with real time bring Big Data analytics of data stored in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database.
- 2015: announced that Panorama Software is using its flagship Necto product with Microsoft’s release of the Power BI platform
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|October 20, 2020||D1G1TALL0VE||panorma shitty|
|October 19, 2020||D1G1TALL0VE||i live in california and barely know any cities . i can barely spell my own . panorma parnroam panama panaroma panorama city|
|October 18, 2020||jungsolatip||1. Panorma 1,2,3,4 track - Lucy
2. The midnight romance 1st ep 3. Nerd’s diary 2nd ep4. On my own 3rd ep - The mid… https://t.co/Fn3hImT74N
|October 18, 2020||megmccool00||@CoachFore Bishops did a Panorma survey for the kids this week. May also want to look into that? I am not privy to… https://t.co/T6lsCWTHXO|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- "Release of Panorama Necto 16–leading a revolution in the BI world." []
- "Introduction to Business Intelligence: How to Take a More Intelligent Approach to Business" []
- "Panorama’s OurCrowd Campaign Nears Close, User-Friendly Necto Platform Gains Global Traction" []
- "Panorama's Necto 14 Helps Turn Data to Business Stories" []
- "Review: Panorama Necto Socially-Enabled Business Intelligence" []