|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California|
|Key people|| Peter Andreas Thiel(Co-Founder & Chairman)|
Alexander C. Karp(Co-Founder & Chairman)
Stephen Cohen(Executive VP & Director)
|Products|| Palantir Gotham |
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Palantir Technologies is a private software company headquartered at Palo Alto, California(USA) that develops data fusion platforms for Public institutions, commercial enterprises and Non-profit organizatins worldwide. Palantir uses a few high profile modules to power various pieces of their technology stack are Lucene (an open source search engine), Cassandra (an open source data warehousing server), and Hadoop (an open source implementation of Google’s MapReduce programming framework for super-scalable computation).Established in year 2004, with original clients like federal agencies of United States Intelligence Community.Since 2004, the company has enlarged the client base to state and local governments as well as private companies with 1500 employees working for different wings of organization globally.
Palantir provides solutions in the areas of anti-fraud, capital market, case management, crisis response, cyber security, defense, disaster preparedness, disease response, healthcare delivery, insider threat, insurance analytics, intelligence, law enforcement, legal intelligence, pharmaceutical research and development, and custom aspects.
Palantir is backed by 137 ventures, ARTIS Ventures, Benjamin Ling, Founders Fund, Glynn Capital Management, In-Q-Tel, Jeremy Stoppelman, Keith Rabois, Kortschak Investments, L.P, Mithril Capital Management, REV, Ulu Ventures and has raised $1.99B funding in 12 rounds. Palantir functions globally covering North America, Europe & Middle East and Asia & Pacific with around 15 offices.
Palantir technologies was officially incorporatied in the year 2004. Its early investments were $2million from US CIA venture arm and $30M from Theil and his firm as founders fund. The software concept grew out of technology developed at PayPal to detect fraudulent activity, much of it conducted by Russian organized crime syndicates.In September 2013, Palantir disclosed over $196 million in funding according to a US Securities and Exchange Commission filing.The company was valued at $15 billion in November 2014..In February 2016, Palantir bought Kimono Labs, a startup which makes it easy to collect information from public facing websites.
- In 2016, Palantir acquired Kimono Labs Inc., for its web scrapping service
- In 2015, Palantir acquired FT Technologies to add retail,shopping data to its analytics platform
- In 2014, Palantir acquired two start-up companies Propeller, Poptip
- In 2013, Palantir acquired Voicegem
- Palantir Gotham,a platform that integrates, manages, secures, and analyzes enterprise data. Gotham is usually structured around objects and links between them and so is used for describing and exploring and querying properties of and relationships between objects that represent real-world nouns that have an identity that persists over time.
- Palantir Metropolis, a platform that integrates, enriches, models, and analyzes quantitative data. Metropolis, mathematically analyses the behavior of models over time (stream of events)
Palantir has strengthened its partnerships with leading enterprises such as MorningStar, Thomson Reuters, D&B,Dow Jones, Epidemico, LexisNexis, IHS, INRIX, Digital Globe, Cellebrite. And service providers include PVM, Inc.,Shine Systems & Technologies, IMSL
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|April 13, 2023||SquawkCNBC||"If we didn't have the adversaries, I would be very in favor of pausing this technology completely, but we do," say… https://t.co/sAt2vDQXYV|
|April 04, 2023||PalantirTech||"Long Covid is not just a medical problem — it’s also a data problem," says #Palantir's Indra Joshi. "By collating… https://t.co/ZBHwu4kKt4|
|April 05, 2023||PalantirTech||We’re proud to expand our partnership with @Azure to the public sector. With FedRAMP authorization and… https://t.co/s1Euf7OO95|
|April 17, 2023||fungk_||@PalantirVision @PalantirTech Alternate headline "NHS data specialist fear losing their job"|
- In 2016, Palantir Technologies Inc. accussed the U.S. Army of improperly shutting commercial software companies out of an estimated $206 million intelligence software procurement only to double down on an existing, ineffective project. 
- In 2011, i2 Inc & i2 Limited accused Palantir Technologies Inc. of being part of a conspiracy to misappropriate its software and trade secrets
- In 2010,Hunton & Williams LLP allegedly asked Berico Technologies, Palantir, and HBGary Federal to draft a response plan to the WikiLeaks Threat.In early 2011 Anonymous publicly released HBGary-internal documents, including the plan . The plan proposed Palantir software would serve as the foundation for all the data collection, integration, analysis, and production efforts.Palantir CEO Karp ended all ties to HBGary and issued a statement apologizing to “progressive organizations… and Greenwald … for any involvement that we may have had in these matters
Recent News Headlines
- Credit Suisse, CIA-Funded Palantir to Target Rogue Bankers
- How Palantir Uses Big Data to Find Missing Kids
- Palantir Turns Its Software Toward Syria
- Palantir Connects the Dots With Big Data
- U.S. securities regulator expands use of powerful software