|Headquarters||New York City, USA|
|Key people|| Gerald D. Cohen (Founder & CEO) |
Peter Mittelman (Founder & Sr. V.P., FOCUS Division)
Martin B. Slagowitz (Founder) 
|Number of employees||2000+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Information Builders are service providers in the field of business intelligence (BI) and analytics, information integrity, and integration solutions. Information Builder's flagship WebFOCUS BI and analytics platform delivers rich, consumable, interactive information to a wide range of end users. Its mobile BI capabilities, self-service tools, and integrated InfoApps help even non-technical users analyze and glean value from large sets of enterprise data. The company's iWay integration and integrity suites deliver flexible, agile integration foundations and the real-time management of any information set from any source.
The company offers various functional solutions, including call center management, customer relationship management, customer-facing BI, financial reporting, human capital management, logistics, management strategies, marketing, multi-level marketing, operations, sales, and supply chain management, as well as solutions for the deployment of data mastering, cleansing, and integration applications. It offers professional services, education, technical support, documentation, and product development services.
Information Builders, Inc. was founded in 1975 and is based in New York, New York with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, the Asia Pacific, Central America, and South America.  
Information Builders offers three categories of software and solutions: BI and Analytics, Data Management, and Information Management Applications.
Business Intelligence and Analytics
WebFOCUS is a flexible BI and analytics platform, able to deliver a broad range of governed analytical tools, applications, and documents to any and all business stakeholders. WebFOCUS is a strategic technology that provides an array of analytical and operational benefits inside and outside the enterprise. WebFocus' new Auto Linking feature, improved data integrity, next-generation visualizations and a new, more mobile-friendly business intelligence portal helps to serve users better.
Information Builders WebFocus comes with four different user access roles:
- Basic (view only)
- Advanced (able to create some new content)
- Authors (the only ones who have access rights, and can upload data files and more complete creator rights)
- Administrator (create groups and modify individual security)
Information Builders’ Data Management Platform is composed of three solutions:
- Omni-Gen - Omni-Gen is software that codifies and automates best practices associated with multi-domain MDM implementations. These processes involve data integration, cleansing, and mastering, and are usually implemented manually, with months spent on specification, design, coding, and testing.
- iWay Big Data Integrator - iWay Big Data Integrator leverages Hadoop for massively parallel data integration and transformation.
- iWay Tools - iWay Tools provide the underlying technology for every sort of integration: internal or business-to-business, data or application-oriented, real-time or batch, and more.
These solutions enable users to access, profile, enrich, cleanse, and master their data. Omni-Gen provides game-changing technology that aligns business users and IT to define and manage their most important data domains. The company's iWay integration and integrity suites deliver flexible, agile integration foundations and the real-time management of any information set from any source.
Information Management Applications
Information Builders’ Information Management Applications enable organizations to achieve broad accessibility, reliability, and consistency of their data. Complex data integration is made simpler, quality is assured, and governance allows for sustainability. These applications provide users with a business-friendly interface to optimize the quality and structure of data investments; view, monitor, compare, and report on mission-critical data; identify and rectify faulty information; and create a complete, historical web-based view of mastered golden records.
- InfoApps deliver interactive analytic content such as data visualizations, charts, graphs, and reports to users through a portal for an easy “app store-like” experience. InfoApps go beyond dashboards by offering a variety of controls and filters on a custom user interface to aid in decision support.
- 1975 - Information Builders was founded by Gerald D. Cohen, Peter Mittelman, and Martin B. Slagowitz, named FOCUS.
- June 2015 - Information Builders' Tools Now Put More Analytics in Users' Hands
- June 2015 - Information Builders Maps Out Modern BI Strategy
- Jan 2016 - Information Builders Grows Scandinavian Presence With New Stockholm Office
- May 2016 - Information Builders' WebFOCUS Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform Available on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
- June 2016 - Information Builders Announces General Availability of WebFOCUS Business User Edition at Summit 2016
Awards and Recognition
- Information Builders Honored With Industry Excellence Award From Dresner Advisory Services
- Gold Winner: Customer Service or Contact Center Team of the Year - 2016 : Information Builders Honored With Awards From CSS World Awards 
- WebFOCUS Wins Best IT Software; Customer Service Recognized for Excellence; and Omni-Gen Lauded for New Product Innovation 
- Information Builders’ Customers Earn Recognitions at 2016 PTI Technology Solutions Awards - 
- The 10 Coolest Big Data Products Of 2015
- Information Builders Wins Two Technology Innovation Awards From Dresner Advisory Services 
- The UK’s top 50 data leaders and influencers
- Information Builders Ranks First Across its Peer Groups for Vendor Support in BARC’s BI Survey 15 
- Digital Design Group Inc vs Information Builders Inc - The Oklahoma Commissioners of the Land Office (Commissioners) hired the appellee, Digital Design Group to design and implement a mineral management computer system. The contract required Information Builders, Inc. to conduct peer review of Digital Design Group's work. As the project progressed, Information Builders wrote three letters evaluating the project at the request of the Commissioners Management Information System director. Subsequently, the Commissioners terminated its contract with Digital and Digital sued Information Builders, asserting claims for libel and breach of contract. The jury returned a verdict against Information Builders and awarded actual and punitive damages.
- Information Builders Settles with Juxtacomm and Exits Stage Left free as a bird - 2009 - Information Builders is the first defendant to achieve a full settlement agreement with Juxtacomm letting them out of the data integration trial of the century.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|April 14, 2023||infobldrs||It's Bigger... It's Better... It's Bolder... We can't wait to tell you about ibi WebFOCUS 9.2. Join us in our upcom… https://t.co/itV73v02FY|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Information Builders Announces General Availability of WebFOCUS Business User Edition at Summit 2016 - Information Builders' Summit conference is underway and brings together more than 1,000 industry executives and professionals for keynotes, educational sessions, hands-on labs and customer case studies, all designed to provide attendees the inspiration to use BI and analytics, data integrity, and integration resources to make more informed decisions about operations, processes, and how to create cost savings. 
- Information Builders Announces Partner Awards of Distinction at Summit 2016 - The Partner Program is designed to bring together best-of-breed providers to produce new and innovative solutions that will positively impact end-users and address their specific needs. 
- Information Builders' WebFOCUS Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform Available on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - Information Builders and Microsoft Azure offer companies of any size the ability to access enterprise-grade BI in only a few short steps, and bring the power of the Microsoft Azure cloud to organizations and resellers engaging with organizations on the latest in BI capabilities from Information Builders. 
- Information Builders Honored With Industry Excellence Award From Dresner Advisory Services - BI and Analytics Provider Recognized as Overall Leader in Second Annual Awards Program. 
- Information Builders Grows Scandinavian Presence With New Stockholm Office - This expansion will allow the company to provide direct, localized support to current and future customers in the region and greatly strengthen its presence in the Scandinavian market.