EMC Big Data
|EMC Big Data|
|Slogan||Where Information Lives|
|Headquarters||South Street Hopkinton, MA,United States|
|Key people|| Joseph M. Tucci (CEO) |
Jeremy Burton (President of Products & Marketing)
Howard D. Elias (President of Global Enterprise Services) 
|Number of employees||10,000+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
EMC Corporation helps in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way.
It offers enterprise storage systems and software deployed in storage area networks (SAN), networked attached storage (NAS), unified storage combining NAS and SAN, object storage, and/or direct attached storage environments along with a portfolio of backup products that support a range of enterprise application workloads and cloud software and infrastructure-as-a-service.
EMC Corporation markets its products through various distribution channels, as well as directly worldwide. The company was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Hopkinton, Massachusetts.
EMC Corporation was founded in 1979 and was acquired by Dell for $67 billion on October 11, 2015. It made several acquisitions and investments in the process.
|May, 2016||Pivotal Software||$653M|
|Apr, 2013||Pivotal Software||$946M|
|Dec, 2011||Silver Spring Networks||$24M|
|Jan, 2009||Varonis Systems||$15M|
|Jun, 2008||Initiate Systems||$26M|
|Aug, 2007||Aristos Logic||$13.36M|
|Jun, 2007||Verari Systems||$20M|
|Sep, 2000||ManagedStorage International||$50M|
|Mar, 2000||IDrive Inc.||$10M|
|May 26, 2015||Virtustream||$1.2B|
|Oct 28, 2014||Maginatics||Unknown|
|Oct 28, 2014||Spanning Cloud Apps||Unknown|
|Oct 13, 2014||Cloudscaling||Unknown|
|Jul 8, 2014||TwinStrata||Unknown|
|May 5, 2014||DSSD||Unknown|
|Jul 8, 2013||Aveksa||Unknown|
|Jun 19, 2013||ScaleIO||$200M|
|May 15, 2013||Adaptivity||Unknown|
|Oct 30, 2012||Silver Tail Systems||$250M|
|Sep 19, 2012||Silicium Security||Unknown|
|May 31, 2012||Watch4Net||Unknown|
|May 21, 2012||Syncplicity||Unknown|
|May 10, 2012||XtremIO||Unknown|
|Mar 20, 2012||Likewise Software||Unknown|
|Mar 20, 2012||Pivotal Labs||Unknown|
|Aug 1, 2011||Asankya||Unknown|
|Apr 4, 2011||NetWitness||Unknown|
|Nov 15, 2010||Isilon Systems||$2.25B|
|Nov 10, 2010||Bus-Tech||Unknown|
Big Data Solutions
Data Lake is scale-out storage for data consolidation. It allows for Big Data accessibility using traditional and next-generation access methods to gain value through analytics.
- Isilon - Isilon allows to store, manage, protect, and analyze all the unstructured and semi-structured data in enterprise edge, core and cloud locations. Consolidate and eliminate inefficient islands of storage, reduce costs and simplify management.
- Elastic Cloud Storage - Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) is a single, shared, multi-purpose, enterprise class object storage system built for your next generation applications. Deliver the ability to scale effortlessly and global access without data residency or compliance risks.
Data Lake Extensions
- DSSD - DSSD makes Big Data actionable with high performance enterprise grade Hadoop and enables organizations to efficiently use flash for Hadoop and simplify your architecture for delivering real-time analytics.
- XtremIO - XtremIO is an all-flash array that offers the ability to consolidate transactional and analytic workloads on a single platform that delivers predictable consistent performance at sub-millisecond response time.
- ScaleIO - ScaleIO is a software-defined solution turning existing DAS storage into shared block storage for your structured and unstructured data needs. Deployment options include software, storage-only or as a hyper-converged system.
- Pure Storage Slams EMC's Injunction Bid After $14M Verdict - Electronic data storage company Pure Storage Inc. urged a Delaware federal court Tuesday to reject rival EMC Corp.'s bid for an injunction barring Pure Storage from selling its new line of storage products, saying it has redesigned its software in the wake of a $14 million patent infringement verdict. 
- Proposed Dell/EMC merger slapped with another lawsuit - The class action complains that the Proxy Statement relating to the acquisition omits critical information relating to EMC’s projected finances for the year ahead, including its GAAP revenue, gross profit, operating and net income, unlevered free cash flows and various charges the company will have to pay. 
- EMC accuses Pure Storage of stealing trade secrets in lawsuit - EMC has filed a lawsuit at the U.S. District Court in the District Court of Massachusetts against flash array maker Pure Storage, with the former accusing the latter of stealing trade secrets. 
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|August 05, 2016||88_dmitri||Learning cricket from my good @EMCcorp friend @AjazMunsiff @ #Singapore Cricket Club 🏏 https://t.co/SYtTVYlvLQ|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- What did we learn from EMC’s data protection report? - EMC has recently released its Global Data Protection Index 2016 where it claims only 2% of the world would be considered ‘leaders’ in protecting their own assets, 
- EMC debuts software-only version of its Data Domain platform - EMC Corp. this morning became the latest big name to join the bandwagon by unveiling a new virtual incarnation of its Data Domain backup appliance series. 
- EMC’s all flash VMAX an answer to extend hybrid VMAX, says Wikibon’s Floyer - EMC’s new VMAX all flash array (AFA) solves performance problems for IO constrained VMAX users. This, according to Wikibon CTO David Floyer in his latest Professional Alert.
- OneNeck IT Solutions Achieves Gold Status with EMC - Through a strategic and evolving collaboration with EMC, OneNeck will continue to define and develop new hybrid cloud solutions. 
- New EMC Flash Storage Targets Big Data Analytics - EMC's flash storage box available as a unit that plugs directly into a data center’s server racks, providing flash storage to servers running Hadoop or other analytics.