|Industry|| Data Science|
|Headquarters||Bedford, Massachusetts, US|
|Key people|| Michael A. Morrison (CEO & President) |
James Eliason (CFO)
Dan Potter (CMO)
Jon Pilkington (CPO)
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
DataWatch Corp is an American Public Software company that provides a visual platform to unlock data for business analytics. It offers an all-in-one tool for data cleansing transforming and preparation from structured and unstructured datasets. It allows users to discover data in real-time and execute dynamic queries according to the business.When real-time visibility is rapidly changing and data is critical, Datawatch enables user to analyse the streaming data like capital markets. Datawatch Products are used by organizations of all sizes from more than 100 countries worldwide, including 93 of the Fortune 100.
Datawatch has teamed with Tableau Software, Dell Statistica, IBM Watson Analytics & IBM, Angoss Software, Microsoft, Qlik. Datawatch has its regional offices in New York, London, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Singapore and Manila and it covers a huge market in North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, South America, South Africa, Australia.
The company went public on NASDAQ in June, 1992 with corporate headquarters in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
- Datawatch Corporation was sued by Palms Technology in 1998. The lawsuit alleges that Datawatch is attempting to obtain products from Palms without payment and the Complaint also alleges misappropriation of trade secrets. Specifically, the Complaint alleges that Datawatch was given access to certain Palms technology under a confidentiality agreement, but failed to utilize standard "clean room" procedures to protect the dissemination of such information into other Datawatch products.
Awards & Recognitions
- Datawatch Honored in KMWorld's 100 Companies
- Ventana Research Honors Datawatch Customers Intel with 2015,2014,2013 Leadership Award.
- QuickPivot Selcts Datawatch to power Award Winning Campaign management platform
- Won Best Big Data Technology Provider to the Buy Side Award 2014,2013
- Datawatch Named Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld Magazine in 2015, 2013.
- Listed in CRN Big Data 100 in 2015,2014,2013
- Healthcare Tech Outlook Names Datawatch one of the Best Healthcare Analytics Platforms
- Datawatch Named as One of the Fastest Growing Companies in Massachussets
- 1985 - Datawatch was found as a private company.
- 1991 - Datawatch acquired Personics Corporation. Monarch V1.0 was announced.
- 1992- Datawatch went public with an Initial Public Offering(IPO)
- 2013 - Datawatch acquired Panopticon Software
Xerox Canada and Datawatch Parnered.
- 2014 - Datawatch announced partnership with MDS Tech Inc and Quant5.
- 2016 - IBM and Datawatch team up for Watson Analytics
- Monarch - It is a Desktop report mining tool used to extract data from Human Readable report files like Excel, PDF, XPS, tableau and HTML. The first version of Monarch was realeased in 1991 with the latest release of version 13.Monarch can connect to all major databases and automatically extract data from multi-structured sources and web pages.
- Monarch Server - Monarch Server extends the capabilities of Monarch to provide a comprehensive, enterprise-wide solution. The Application can be stored and shared on a centrally managed server that runs on a premise.
- Panopticon -The Panopticon products are optimized for use with real-time data message buses, complex event processing engines, relational databases, and column-oriented databases. and is a regular exhibitor at financial industry events such as Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, and SIA.
*Panopticon Designer - It is used to create visual Applications on Desktop *Panopticon Server - It is used throughout the enterprise through HTML5 Client
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|April 18, 2023||charlesmok||Interesting that Japan datacenter is benefiting from "sharp increase in local data traffic" and businesses "turning… https://t.co/AVfTYCbO0Z|
|April 16, 2023||pstAsiatech||Greater Tokyo has seen a sharp increase in data centers. The total capacity of data facilities in the Tokyo region… https://t.co/4cvxjbwytO|
|April 15, 2023||MichaelS_SAA||‘Japan’s capital is quickly closing the gap with Beijing as global information technology companies and other busin… https://t.co/R94z8BosqL|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Datawatch Enables 450 CNAF Accountants to Prep Less and Analyze More- France’s public sector agency is leveraging Datawatch’s self-service data prep solution in more than 100 local offices to ease data access and speed time-to-insight
- Datawatch’s Jennifer McAuliffe Recognized as One of CRN’s 2016 Women of the Channel - VP of Strategic Global Alliances Acknowledged for Her Outstanding Leadership, Vision and Role in Driving Channel Growth and Innovation
- Self-Service Data Prep: Illuminating Dark Data for Better Business Decisions- When it comes to analytics, this dark data can provide immense value, and it’s a critical requirement in ensuring an accurate and a holistic view of the business. So, why are data analysts and business users ignoring it?
- Datawatch Unveils Monarch for IBM Watson Analytics and IBM Cognos Analytics - Datawatch Corporation has announced the availability of Datawatch Monarch for IBM Watson Analytics and IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Datawatch Reaches Agreement with Potrero Capital and Appoints Charles M. Gillman to the Board of Directors- Datawatch Corporation (NASDAQ-CM: DWCH) (“Datawatch”) announced it has reached an agreement with Potrero Capital Research LLC, together with its affiliates (“Potrero Capital”).