|Headquarters||Menlo Park, CA, United States|
|Key people|| Sharmila Mulligan (CEO & Co-Founder) |
Dr. Timothy Howes (CTO)
Ali Tore ( Chief Product Officer)
Jonas Lagerblad (Chief Architect Officer)
|Investors||Andreessen Horowitz, DAG Ventures, Google Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB).|
|Number of employees||150+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
ClearStory is an Data Intelligence company that provides a platform to integrate a company’s internal and external data using an in-memory database technology. Its in-memory, spark-based Data Harmonization works with all data source types and enables fast data prep, data blending and context-aware, iterative analysis. It provides solution where organizations can converge data from corporate and third-party sources to make business decisions faster and across distributed teams.
It combines the scalability and variable-data adaptability of Hadoop, the in-memory analysis speed of Apache Spark, and the agility and usability of a cloud-based tool designed for business analysts. When one uploads data into the ClearStory service, it's stored on a Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). This infrastructure lets customers blend a variety of high-scale data without predefined data modeling or complex ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) work. The data is then blended, and notable overlaps and correlations exposed after processing in Apache Spark's core in-memory query-optimization engine.
About ClearStory Data
ClearStory Data is bringing Data Intelligence to everyone to accelerate the way business leaders get answers across any number of data sources. Our platform simplifies data access to internal and external sources, harmonizes disparate data sets on the fly, enables fast, collaborative exploration, and reduces businesses wait time for insights.
ClearStory Data lets business users be more self-reliant on reaching insights. Our end-to-end solution includes an integrated native Spark-based data processing platform and an incredibly simple user application model for business consumption of insights.
Using the Hadoop and Apache Spark based technology, ClearStory has been providing industrial and departmental solutions with interactive visual insights. The services provided are :
- Food & Beverage - Harness data insights. Improve operational efficiency.
- Media & Entertainment - Turn audience data into business potential.
- Healthcare - Deliver patient-centric care. Boost clinical efficiency.
- Financial Services - Track key financial indicators. Improve investment efficiency.
- Manufacturing - Ensure accurate demand forecasting. Improve operational and planning efficiency.
- 2013 - ClearStory was founded
- 2014 - ClearStory Raises $21M From DAG Ventures, KPCB, A16Z To Bring Data Intelligence To The Masses
- 2015- ClearStory Data Appoints Micheline Casey, Former Chief Data Officer of the Federal Reserve Board, as Advisor
- 2016 - ClearStory Data Is Granted U.S. Patent for Machine-Based Data Inference and Data Harmonization
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|August 14, 2019||ventanaresearch||@Alteryx acquires @ClearStoryData to enhance their big data capabilities, which will be key to (and focused on powe… https://t.co/39zO5jLJb6|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- ClearStory Data to Speak and Be Featured at IBM Amplify 2016 on Using Fast-cycle, Intelligent Business Analysis - ClearStory Will Be Featured and Chief Product Officer Ali Tore Will Present on How to Amplify Insights On-Demand to Assess Consumer Behavior and Capture Market Opportunity. 
- ClearStory Data Announces Advancements in Automating Data Preparation and Data Blending via New Machine-based Approach - The company announced a breakthrough advancement to its industry-first data inference and Intelligent Data HarmonizationTM capabilities called Infinite Data Overlap Detection, internally code-named IDOD. 
- ClearStory Data Pioneers Advances in Spark-native, Disparate Data Blending - New enhancements to its Apache Spark-native Intelligent Data Harmonization™ capabilities to address a broad market shift and accelerating requirement for everyday business people to access and blend disparate data and be more self-reliant in reaching deeper insights. 
- ClearStory Data Touts Speedy Big Data Analysis - ClearStory taps HDFS and Apache Spark in the cloud to let business users blend high-scale, variable data and analyze it with in-memory speed. 
- ClearStory Data takes $21M to harmonize all your different kinds of data - The money will help the startup push a new self-service version of its software for people interested in analyzing data but lacking technical skills. 
Top Lifetime News Headlines
- ClearStory Data Is Granted U.S. Patent for Machine-Based Data Inference and Data Harmonization That Automates Disparate Data Prep and Blending - The patent includes ClearStory's deep data inference and semantic recognition of data that enables multiple data sets and dimensions to be automatically converged and harmonized on-the-fly. 
How it's different
Fast, Scalable, Interactive Insights from Disparate Data Sources Smart Data Discovery • Automated Data Prep & Data Blending • Contextual Insights
Fast Interactive Insights & Exploration 80% Faster Interactive Insights. Connect to disparate data sources, auto-prep and auto-blend data without lengthy traditional data wrangling, and see immediate insights. Data Stories eliminate rigid, pre-modeled data reporting for flexible, fast, interactive and scalable data exploration. Go from sources of data to blended insights 80% faster. As insights update and evolve, share and capture discussions, answer new questions, annotate visualizations and see everything in context with ClearStory’s in-context insights.
Automated Data Prep & Data Blending Data Inference and Intelligent Data Harmonization™ Speed Data Prep and Data Blending. For any data source, API-based apps, files or Hadoop, ClearStory’s Data Inference automates data prep by intelligently inferring semantics in your data, reading values and automating transformations. Intelligent Data Harmonization™ automatically blends data, without rigid data modeling, by identifying relationships across all dimensions in your data, instantly producing visual blended insights. Whether small or large complex data, prep and blend data in minutes versus taking hours, days or weeks.
Smart Data Discovery Find Patterns across all Data Values with Smart Data Discovery. With ClearStory’s Smart Data Discovery, you instantly discover all data values, patterns and correlations, within a single data source or across blended/harmonized data. By seeing the relevant data in each source or blended result, you can immediately zero-in on the most critical and relevant data to arrive at the most meaningful insights. It’s visual with data intelligence built in, point-and-click, and the fastest, easiest way to discover key trends in your data.
Interactive StoryBoards & �Fast Data Exploration Interactive insights for the business with smart data exploration. StoryBoards combine insights from one or more analysis in a storyline. These dashboards reveal new insights as data updates and allows business users to explore and uncover hidden insights in your data with the dynamic ‘Explore Insights’ capability. See insights fast, see narratives in-context, ask questions, uncover related insights and collaborate in real time and in-context to reach answers fast. More data sources, blended interactively for fast actionable insights
Headquarters ClearStory Data
4300 Bohannon Drive, Suite 100
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Chicago ClearStory Data
228 W. Kinzie
Chicago, IL 60654