|Headquarters||Bellevue, WA, United States|
|Key people|| Adam Wray (CEO) |
Amy Kelleran Pelly (CFO)
Dave McCrory (CTO)
Robert Patrick "Bobby" (Chief Marketing Officer) 
|Investors||Georgetown Capital Partners, Harbor Island Equity Partners, IDC Frontier, Trifork and Wilmington Investor Network|
|Number of employees||51-200|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Basho Technologies, Inc. is a developer and producer of software that provides a distributed datastore that combines availability, scalability, and capacity. It is dedicated to developing disruptive technology that simplifies enterprise's most critical distributed systems data management challenges. Basho has attracted one of the most talented groups of engineers and technical experts ever assembled devoted exclusively to solving some of the most complex issues presented by Big Data and IoT.
Basho's distributed database, Riak KV, the industry leading distributed NoSQL database, is used by fast growing Web businesses and by one-third of the Fortune 50 to power their critical Web, mobile and social applications. Built on the same foundation, Basho introduced Riak TS, which is the first enterprise-ready NoSQL database specifically optimized to store, query and analyze time series data.
Basho also helps enterprises reduce the complexity of supporting Big Data applications by integrating Riak KV, Riak TS and Riak S2 with Apache Spark, Mesos, Redis, and Apache Solr.
- 2008 - Basho Technologies was founded.
- 2009 - Basho Technologies, Inc. Closes on $2 Million Series B Preferred Investment Round
- 2010 - Basho Technologies, Inc. Closes $2 Million Series C Preferred Equity Financing, Continues Innovative Growth Strategy
- 2012 - Basho raises $11.1M and storms Japan
- 2013 - Tokyo Electron Device Buys Stake in Basho for Cloud Service
- 2014 - Basho to Bolster Riak with DB Plug-Ins
- 2015 - Basho, Cisco Team Up to Integrate Riak, Apache Mesos
- 2016 - Basho open-sources its Riak TS database for the Internet Of Things
- Ex-Software Exec Says Investor Tanked Co. To Gain Control - The co-founder and ousted board chair of high-tech database company Basho Technologies Inc. sued the company in a Delaware Chancery Court complaint, saying a major investor's “punitive” funding terms and self-dealing caused a disastrous fall in the company's fortunes. 
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|February 04, 2020||YXTkbHci1iEWgAM||@basho congratulation|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Basho Hits the Road for IoT Roadshow; Educates Developers on Conquering IoT Challenges - Leading NoSQL Database Company Brings Expertise to Developers in North America and Europe. 
- Basho bashed by bolshy backer, ex-boss claims in court brouhaha - Early investors join former board chairman and CEO in suing NoSQL database biz. 
- Basho open-sources its Riak TS database for the Internet Of Things - The new release also provides integration with the Apache Spark cluster framework, with automatic distribution and interaction of data for in-memory processing in Spark and storage in Riak TS. 
- Basho Technologies launches version 1.3 of Riak TS optimised for IoT - Basho Technologies has launched version 1.3 of Riak TS, an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimised for Internet of Things (IoT). 
- Basho Technologies Hires API Expert John Musser as Vice President of Technology - NoSQL Leader Expands Management Team to Enhance Ability to Bring Operational Simplicity to Customers and Support Innovations in Big Data and IoT.