|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California|
|Key people|| Gurjeet Singh (CEO) |
Ronaldo Ama 
|Number of employees||150+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Ayasdi is an analytics company that offers a platform to provide solutions to complex data challenges for organizations. Founded in 2008, it helps the companies recognize and analyze their own data and develop insights. Using its machine intelligence platform, Topological Data Analysis (TDA), along with machine learning techniques, helps in extracting valuable information from the available data. This technology helps in representing data in forms of network similarity map which results in advanced correlations.
The history behind the foundation of Ayasdi goes back to the early 1970s, when Gunnar Carlsson, Harlan Sexton, and Benjamin Mann met as Ph.D. mathematics students at Stanford University. They conceptualized the concept of Topological Data Analysis for the next 30 years or so, which forms the root of the company’s technology today. Soon, US government research agencies DARPA and NSF award $10M in grants to Stanford which helped the company with the funding. In 2005, Ph.D. mathematics student, Gurjeet Singh, joined this team and continued with the project and created Mapper, the first software program that applies TDA. A few years later, in 2008, the company was all set to provide its services.
Over the years, Ayasdi has come up with products that governments and organizations have been using for various applications like clinical pathways in hospitals, trading strategies, fraud detection, anti-money laundering, national security, etc.
Topological Data Analysis
This technology is used to identify various patterns and relationships within complex and high-dimensional data sets. It transforms the data sets, using the concept of topology, into simpler forms that enable the users to identify the interrelation among the data which is not identifiable by other techniques.
This technology has reduced lots of hours spent working by humans which has resulted in reduced costs. For example, it took 1,800 months to build models for analysis of Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) by humans, while it took just 6 months with Ayasdi. 
The software applications of Ayasdi are mainly distributed in two sectors, Healthcare (Ayasdi Cure) and Financial Services.
- Clinical Variation Management - This application helps hospitals capture all good and bad practices and automate the discovery of the best practices from its own data. It helps in achieving the best result at a reduced cost.
- Denials Management and Avoidance - This application analyzes thousands of attributes such as procedure codes, provider locations, physician and payer-related information and groups similar claims to reveal patterns. This helps in preventing denials and speed pay of reimbursements.
- Regime Forecasting and Signal Creation - This application analyzes the entire mass of data to find the appropriate risk and returns. With better asset allocation strategies and more accurate liquidity forecasts, it helps in building superior predictive models.
- Risk Modeling - This application helps in development of accurate risk models eliminating the high cost. It helps in defining accurate predictors of risk, speeding up the risk model development.
Reconstructor Holdings LLC filed a lawsuit against Ayasdi Inc on July 6, 2016 in the California Northern District Court for a patent infringement case.
- 2008 - Ayasdi Founded at Stanford
- 2010 - Ayasdi receives a $2 million seed round of capital from Floodgate
- 2012 - Vinod Khosla Invests in Ayasdi
- 2013 - Ayasdi launches a new website and moves to a new office in downtown Palo Alto and IVP, GE Ventures and Citi Ventures invest $30M Series B.
- 2014 - Ayasdi Launches the Ayasdi Cure and Ayasdi Care Application
- 2015 - Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Centerview Capital, and DraperNexus invest $55 Million in Ayasdi, Inc.
Awards & Recognition
- Ayasdi won the Coveted Computerworld Data+ Award for Clinical Carepath Work in the year 2015
- Ayasdi was recognized on AlwaysOn Global 250 in 2015
- Ayasdi was recognized as one of the best places to work by Forbes in 2015
- Ayasdi was recognized in the CRN's List Big Data 100 for three consecutive year (2015, 2014, 2013)
- Ayasdi was named as Best of Show and Best Practices winner at Bio-IT World in 2014
- Ayasdi Recognized for Big Data Innovation With Four Industry Awards in 2013
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|August 22, 2019||The_LHoFT||Artificial Intelligence in Regulatory Technology (#Regtech) – 5 Current Applications:
1️⃣ @Ayasdi2️⃣ @CUBEGlobal… https://t.co/sBvfqIAkoN
Top Recent News Headlines
- Ayasdi Announces Key Additions to Healthcare Staff - With a growth in the healthcare vertical, Ayasdi is planning to incorporate new additions to support the company. 
- Intermountain to deploy clinical variation management software from Ayasdi - Utah based company, Intermountain, is planning to use the Clinical Variation Management software from Ayasdi. 
- Big bucks for big data startup Ayasdi - With customers like Citigroup, Siemens, Lockheed Martin, and the Mercy health system buying into its unique analytics approach, the company just raised another $55 million led by Kleiner Perkins. 
- SumAll.org & Ayasdi Partner to Uncover Valuable Data Insights to Tackle Critical World Health, Social Issues - The collaboration between the non-profit organisation and Ayasdi is set to accelerate development in the field of Healthcare and other social challenges. 
- Ayasdi Announces Strategic Alliance With Teradata - The strategic alliance between these two companies is set to provide critical solutions to Organisation's complex data sets. 
- Bayes Impact Uses Ayasdi's Advanced Analytics to Discover New Breakthroughs in Parkinson's Disease - With its advanced analytics software, Ayasdi Cure, the company is set to accurately stratify patients and advance precision medicine.