|Type||Private (Subsidiary of Google)|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California, US|
|Key people||Naruatsu Baba, Jason bryne, Omar Hamoui|
|Investors||Accel, DFJ Growth, Nihal Mehta, Draper Fisher Jurvetson(DFJ), Micheal Dearing, Northgate Capital, Sequoia Capital, SV Angel|
|Number of employees||1200|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Mobile Ad Networks Industry Overview|
AdMob is an advertising platform for promoting and monetizing mobile applications. The name AdMob is a portmanteau for "advertising on mobile". It is one of the world's largest mobile advertising platforms and claims to serve more than 40 billion mobile banner and text ads per month across mobile Web sites and handset applications. It was founded in April 2006 while its founder Omar Hamoui was in business school at Wharton.
Admob's mobile advertising and monetization solutions include mobile sites and Mobile Analytics solution, which helps mobile site owners to gain insight into their traffic and site usage to make data-driven decisions about their mobile business and Mobile Metrics Report, which offers insights into trends in the mobile ecosystem.
- April 2006 - Founded by Omar Hamoui as a mobile advertising company.
- November 2009 - The company was acquired by Google for $750 million.
- May 2013 - Google announced a rebuild of the AdMob platform using technology from platforms like AdSense.
- March 2016 - Google Integrates Smaato into AdMob and DoubleClick to Help Publishers Maximize Revenues
- In 2009, Google's AdMob deal was criticized and there were consumers group who suggested that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission should block the acquisition of AdMob Inc. because the deal would diminish competition in the mobile-advertising market. The takeover would give Google dominance in mobile advertising and hurt consumers, the Center for Digital Democracy and Consumer Watchdog said in a statement. 
- In 2010, Italian rival, KlausTech Inc, sued AdMob over Online Ad Patent. Digital marketing technology provider KlausTech Inc. filed a complaint Wednesday in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, alleging AdMob has infringed U.S. Patent Number 6,128,651 with its programs for mobile and online advertising. 
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|May 09, 2021||jatinmadaan08||Hello @GoogleAdMob , I have been facing problem with Admob. My account has been approved and I have setup the banne… https://t.co/RAGsYdOEzL|
Top News Headlines
- In March 2016, Google Integrates Smaato into AdMob and DoubleClick to Help Publishers Maximize Revenues 
- In 2015, Google Debuts New AdMob Tools For Ad Targeting, Native Ads, Scaling Apps And More 
- In 2009, AdMob was listed among The Top Tenmobithinkers 2009.
- In 2010 AdMob received a Mobile premier Award.
- In May 2010 AdMob was recognized as one of the "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" by Lead411.
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines
- In 2009, AdMob was listed among The Top Ten mobiThinkers 2009.
- In 2010, AdMob received a Mobile Premier Award.
- In May 2010, AdMob was recognized as one of the "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" by Lead411.