|Industry|| Information Technology|
|Key people||Ash Ashutosh (CEO & Founder)|
|Number of employees||~400|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Actifio is a privately-held cloud based Information Technology firm that specializes in Copy Data management. Actifio is working with global enterprises such as IBM, Sungard Availability Services, HBO, Netflix, Time Warner Cable, NEC, Sanofi, Cole-Haan, KKR, McKesson, IFDS/State Street, Dell, Dassault Systems, and many state, local, and federal government agencies. Data pipeline technology decouples data from infrastructure, enabling dramatic improvement in business resiliency, agility and access to the cloud. Actifio has offices in India, Australia, Germany, Israel, Japan, Singapore, U.A.E., United Kingdom. Actifio is funded by North Bridge Venture partners, 83 North, Advanced Technology Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Tiger Global Management.
Actifio Enterprise products enables users to reduce unneccessary duplication of data while ensuring it is still protected and accessible easily throughout its life cycle
- Actifio Software Resiliency Director - An automated disaster recovery tool that acts like a recovery site or a cloud service provider.
- Activio CDS - CDS makes a golden copy of the application data and produces virtual instances of those data on demand.
- Activio Sky - The software version of CDS
- Actifio Global Manager - A storage appliance that can manage up to 100 Actifio Sky or CDS.
Delphix Corp. filed a patent infringement suit>ref?https://search.rpxcorp.com/litigation_documents/11240418></ref> against Actifio in california in October 2013 alleging that Actifio is infringing the 361 patent and four others with its data storage products, including its copy data storage platform. Actifio countersued Delphix on two patents in the case. Actifio filed a separate action against Delphix in the Massachusetts Federal court in August 2014. On May 2016, The court invalidated the Delphix Corp. patent case.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed in Boston Business Journal Best places to work in the year 2014,2015,2016.
- Gartner Group recognized Actifio in their Magic Quadrant report in - Visionary 2013,2014,2015,2016
- Storage Magazine Awarded Actifio Product of the year, Gold in 2013
- Forbes named Actifio in America's 50 Most Promising Companies 2013 
- Listed in CRN Big Data 100 in 2013
- Gartner Group recognized Actifio asCool Vendors in storage technologies in 2012
- Listed in On Demand Top 100 in 2012
- 2009 - Actifio is founded by Ash Ashutosh
- 2010 - Actifio announces that it secured $8 million in series A funding
- 2011 - The company launches its first product.
- 2012 - Actifio as a start-up makes a 500% growth. And Actifio did 62 deals with new clients.
- 2013 - Actifio 6.0 copy storage platform was Announced.
- 2014 - Actifio has 400 clients worldwide.
- 2015 - Actifio is named as Best places to work and also recognized by gartner group.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|February 16, 2020||TheInstillery||It's time to save the date for the biggest 2020 Sydney Summit Party for Kiwis travelling over the ditch... We are… https://t.co/SqLq7TjK5H|
|February 15, 2020||actifio||What should you consider in a great SAP HANA database management tool? Here is a webinar for ya alongside SAP and I… https://t.co/65Sy5lQnVG|
|February 16, 2020||tcpninja||Japan #VMUG #Usercon 2020 sponsor #06 is Actifio 😎 Thanks @blackvmcat for posting Facebook article… https://t.co/YPAT9Y7iwv|
|February 12, 2020||Chris_Mellor||Pester power! One big customer prompts Dell EMC PowerProtect systems to work with Actifio - https://t.co/aYjGvAdtvI|
|February 15, 2020||actifio||We had fun with this webinar! Leveraging Backup Data to Enable Faster Application Development and Accelerate Tim… https://t.co/xNrz5YAdQc|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Cintra Partners with Actifio to Offer Data-as-a-Service for Enterprise Clients- Actifio, the copy data virtualization company, announced its partnership with Cintra, a global leader in Oracle Enterprise Architecture and Cloud Services.
- Actifio Expands Global Management Team With Four New Hires and Seven Promotions- Actifio, the copy data virtualization company, today announced seven internal promotions, alongside four senior hires joining the Actifio team
- TriDatum Solutions Accelerates Hybrid Cloud Adoption with Actifio - TriDatum uses Actifio Copy Data Virtualization in IBM Softlayer to improve clients' capabilities to manage, access, and protect application data to drive business outcomes
- Actifio CEO talks about growth, quietly sacks bunch of staff- Copy data reduction startup Actifio has laid off some staff, the fifth storage startup we've heard about this month to do so.
- Actifio wipes out Delphix Database Patent in AIA Review