Zentiva N.V. is an international pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and marketing modern generic pharmaceutical products. Since 2009 Zentiva is the generic drug arm of Sanofi.
|Type||Public / Private|
Its Romanian subsidiary, Zentiva SA is traded on Bucharest stock exchange. It is the third largest and the fastest growing generics company in Europe.
Zentiva is the third* largest and fast growing generics company in Europe.
- The Black Eagle, "U černého orla" pharmacy in Prague is purchased by Benjamin and Karel Fragner in 1857.
- First factory at Dolní Měcholupy in 1930
- Nationalization by the Czech government in 1946
- Generic strategy in 1998
- Acquisition of Leciva Slovakofarma in 2003, the main pharmaceutical company of Slovakia
- Acquisition of Sicomed SA Bucharest (nowadays Zentiva SA) in 2005, the leading generics company in Romania
- In 2006, Sanofi took 24.9% stake in Zentiva, thus becoming the largest shareholder in the company.
- Acquisition of Eczacibasi generic pharmaceuticals in 2007, the leading pharmaceutical company in Turkey.
- Zentiva acquired Inhaler franchise in 2010.
To provide patients with reliable access to valuable and affordable high-quality, safe and effective medicines.
In addition to being effective therapies, generic medicines also play an important role by enabling healthcare systems to invest savings in the development of future, innovative treatments.
- Therapeutic Areas
- Zentiva provides medicines in 15 different key therapeutic areas.
- Quality Assurance
- The process Zentiva uses for ensuring all its products meets the strictest quality assurance standards.
- The Zentiva brand
- Today, the Zentiva business in Europe is solid, ranking at #3. Located in the heart of Europe, Zentiva currently operates in 50 markets and reaches a target population of over one billion people.
Zentiva's key therapeutic areas:
- Central nervous system
- Gastrointestinal and metabolic disorders
- Anti-inflammatory and pain
- Blood disorders
- Hospital Solutions
Generic strategy of Sanofi
The Company addresses a wide range of therapeutic areas but has a particular focus on cardiovascular disorders, inflammatory conditions, pain, infections and diseases of the central nervous system and the gastrointestinal and urology fields. They offer more than 500 products in 800 drug forms in the international market.
Zentiva Group, a.s.
U Kabelovny 130 102 37 Prague 10
Phone: (+420) 267 241 111
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com