|Industry||Consulting, Business Process Outsourcing, Business Application Services, Infrastructure Management, Cloud Services, Analytics and Information Management, Product and Engineering Services, Mobility, Datacentre Managed Services, and Software application management|
|Key people|| Abidali Z. Neemuchwala
CEO & Member of the Board
|Number of employees||10,001+ employees|
- Business Outcome Services
- Business Process
- Enterprise Architecture
- Information Management
- Infrastructure Services
- Internet of Things
- Managed Services
- Open Source
- Product Engineering
Wipro Limited (Western India Palm Refined Oils Limited or more recently, Western India Products Limited) is an Indian Information Technology Services corporation headquartered in Bengaluru, India.
In 2013, Wipro demerged its non-IT businesses into separate companies to bring in more focus on independent businesses.
Wipro helps customers do business better by leveraging their industry-wide experience, deep technology expertise, comprehensive portfolio of services and vertically aligned business model. They are globally recognized for its innovative approach towards delivering business value and its commitment to sustainability. Wipro champions optimized utilization of natural resources, capital and talent. The company also is a well-known trusted partner of choice for global businesses looking to ‘differentiate at the front’ and ‘standardize at the core’ through technology interventions. Wipro is well positioned to be a partner and co-innovator to businesses in their transformation journey, identify new growth opportunities and facilitate their foray into new sectors and markets.
Wipro effectively addresses these challenges
- Improve revenues and drive process efficiencies
- Ensure quality, compliance and foster innovation
- Achieve lower costs with higher productivity by focusing on process improvement
- 2016 – Wipro Acquires HealthPlan Services, a Leading Technology and Business Process as a Service Provider in the US Health Insurance Market
- 2015 – Carved out Wipro Digital business as a separate unit. Announced its intention to acquire Designit, global strategic design firm specializing in designing transformative product-service experiences.
- 2014 – Wipro selected as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), World member for the 5th consecutive year and recognized as the Global Sector Leader for the Software & Service Industry.
- 2013 – Wipro Ltd. demerges its ‘Diversified Business’ into a separate company to be named ‘Wipro Enterprises Ltd’. Wipro Ltd. to focus exclusively on IT Business.
- Entered the Eco-energy business in 2008
- Entered the BPO business in 2002
- The first company in the world to be assessed at PCMM Level 5 in 2001
- Listed on NYSE in 2000 (NYSE:WIT)
- Software business assessed at SEI-CMM Level 5 in 1998
- Entered IT services in the 1990s – we were among the pioneers in developing the ODC (Offshore Development Center) concept
- Established a Joint venture with GE in 1989
- Pioneers in marketing indigenous Personal Computers in 1985
- Established software products and exports subsidiary, Wipro Systems Ltd. in 1983
- Ventured in to the fledgling IT industry in 1981
- IPO for capital in February 1946
- Established in 1945 as Western India Vegetable Products Limited in Amalner, Maharashtra
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|August 15, 2022||simplykashif||20 companies were listed on the stock exchange before Aug 1947:
ACC: 1937 Wipro: 1947 Tata Steel: 1939Tata Power:… https://t.co/lSr0EzdvsP
|August 16, 2022||ETPrime_com||Desperately seeking…talent IT companies are in talent war with new employers entering the battlefield. Sadly, Indi… https://t.co/cCJiya3fZI|
|August 09, 2022||anantladha25||1000 Rs Invested in Wipro stocks in 1980
Would be Worth 50 Crores now.Also there are 100 other stocks where 50 cr… https://t.co/yTwnwbU1ob
|August 16, 2022||sai_koushika||With @Hema_Journo at Wipro Junction Participated in Cyberabad Metropolitan Police Mass Recitation of the National… https://t.co/f62MjMFHLZ|
|August 16, 2022||Vir_342||@Trinkerr_IN View on Monte Carlo and wipro|