Weka (machine learning)
|Headquarters||Hamilton, New Zealand|
|Key people||Ian H. Witten, Eibe Frank|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Machine Learning Industry Overview|
The Waikato Environment for Knowledge Analysis (Weka) is a comprehensive suite of Java class libraries that implement many state-of-the-art Machine Learning and data mining algorithms. Weka is freely available on the World-Wide Web and accompanies a new text on data mining which documents and fully explains all the algorithms it contains. It is free software licensed under the GNU General Public License. WEKA is a popular suite of machine learning software written in Java, developed at the University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- In 1993, the University of Waikato in New Zealand began development of the original version of Weka, which became a mix of Tcl/Tk, C, and Makefiles.
- The original non-Java version of Weka was a Tcl/Tk front-end to (mostly third-party) modeling algorithms implemented in other programming languages, plus data preprocessing utilities in C, and a Makefile-based system for running machine learning experiments. This original version was primarily designed as a tool for analyzing data from agricultural domains.
- In 1997, WEKA was redeveloped from scratch in Java, including implementations of modeling algorithms.
- The 2005 ACM SIGKDD Service Award was presented to the Weka team for their development of the freely-available Weka Data Mining Software.
- In 2006, Pentaho Corp., creator of the world's most popular open source business intelligence (BI) suite, announced the acquisition of Weka open source data mining project.
- WEKA was ranked among Infoworld's 'Top 11 open source tools to make the most of machine learning'.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|January 25, 2022||AnalyticsFr||Cloudian Partners With WEKA To Deliver High-Performance, Exabyte-Scalable Storage For AI, Machine Learning And Othe… https://t.co/YHX6k7l0f1|
|January 21, 2022||ITechnologySer1||Cloudian Partners with WEKA to Deliver High-Performance, Exabyte-Scalable Storage for AI, Machine Learning… https://t.co/4jqsy3t4Yq|
|January 20, 2022||WekaIO||Big news with our partner Cloudian Inc Cloudian HyperStore® object storage and WEKA's Data Platform for AI, togeth… https://t.co/aysIjX20eZ|
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines