|Headquarters||Seattle, United States|
|Key people||Carlos Guestrin Ph.D. (Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Director), Joon T. Ho (Director of Finance) and Alice Zheng (Director of Data Science) |
|Investors||Madrona Venture Group and New Enterprise Associates|
|Number of employees||11-50|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Machine Learning Industry Overview|
Turi, formerly Dato, is a Seattle-based machine learning software, aimed at use by software developers and data scientists, to add machine learning features to software applications. Led by Carlos Guestrin,Turi platform offers a number of use cases for software developers to implement machine learning tech including recommendation engines, fraud detection, sentiment and customer/user analysis, and more.
It creates software tools that let brands develop and embed machine learning into applications. The tools allow the creation of advanced applications with algorithms and scalable data structures. It has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor in Data Science, 2016 and its products are used by Fortune 500 companies.
The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Seattle, Washington. As of August 5, 2016, Turi Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Apple Inc. 
- 2013 - Turi/Dato/GraphLab was founded
- 2014 - GraphLab starts with System for Building Predictive Apps
- 2015 - Machine Learning Startup GraphLab Gets A New Name Dato and $18.5M funding.
- July 2016 - Dato Renames Itself To Turi, Rolls Out Updated Software
- July 2016 - Turi Launches GraphLab Create 2.0, Turi Distributed and Turi Predictive Services
- August 2016 - Apple buys artificial intelligence firm Turi
- Dato v. Datto: Seattle tech firm fighting trademark infringement complaint after name change - Seattle-based Dato has been deadlocked in a trademark infringement argument with fellow tech startup Datto for months, ever since Dato changed its name from GraphLab in January 2015. 
Top 5 Recent Tweets
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Apple transforms Turi into dedicated machine learning division to build future product features - The new machine learning division will work alongside Apple’s product teams to prototype new features and improvements that could be integrated into Apple’s existing apps and future products. 
- Apple to push AI abilities with Turi deal - Purchase of Seattle-based company comes as iPhone maker pours more resources into machine learning. 
- Apple buys artificial intelligence firm Turi - Apple has bought artificial intelligence startup Turi for $200m, as the electronics giant looks to expand into the growing machine learning sector. 
- Turi Launches GraphLab Create 2.0, Turi Distributed and Turi Predictive Services - Turi Distributed and Turi Predictive Services, machine learning products allow data scientists and software developers to add machine learning features to applications faster. 
- Dato Renames Itself To Turi, Rolls Out Updated Software - Seattle-based machine learning software developer Dato has renamed itself Turi, and launched an updated version of its software, GraphLab Create 2.0.