Tesla Model S
Tesla Model S is an all-electric car produced by Tesla Motors.
- Production began in Summer of 2012 with deliveries to the first owners at the factory. Interestingly, Elon Musk has the second Model S from the assembly line. First Model S was reserved by Steve Jurvetson.
- The black key fob looks like a mini Model S.
- Initial battery configurations were 40 KW, 60 KW and 85 KW. Current battery configuration is 70 KW and 90 KW with an option of RWD or AWD.
- 0-60 speed varies from 5.2 seconds to ludicrous 2.9 seconds.
- As the owner approaches the vehicle, the door handles flush out from the door.
- The 17" touchscreen panel controls all the functions of the car, from the sunroof to the radio. The two physical buttons are for the glove box and the emergency hazard.
- The car can be charged from any electric plug.
- Tesla Superchargers are built to accommodate for long distance travel along major interstate rest stops and malls. They are free of 'charge' to Model S owners.
- As the car production evolves features such as Autopilot and enhanced navigation are added by over the air software update.
- Model S was awarded Motor Trend car of the year in 2013.
- The car received a 5 star safety rating from NHTSA.
- Two children can comfortably sit in the rear facing seats for a total of 7 passengers.