|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA , United States|
|Key people||Chris Nicholson (CEO), Adam Gibson (CTO), Josh Patterson (Head of Field Engineering) |
|Investors||FundersClub, GreatPoint Ventures, Jpush, Kevin Mahaffey, Liquid2 Ventures,Mandra Capital,Shu Duan, Streamlined Ventures, SV Angel, Tencent Holdings and Y Combinator|
|Number of employees||13+|
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Machine Learning Industry Overview|
Skymind is a business intelligence and enterprise software firm based in San Francisco, supporting the open source deep learning framework Deeplearning4j and the JVM-based scientific computing library ND4J. It builds solutions that classify, cluster, and make predictions about text, image, video, time series, and sound to locate and quantify patterns that impact businesses.
They make tools for prediction, data analytics and machine perception available to all businesses via open-core deep-learning. Its Skymind Intelligence Layer (SKIL) is the open-source enterprise distribution. It contains all of the necessary open-source components and proprietary vendor integrations to build production grade deep learning deployments.
The Skymind Intelligence Layer is the open-source enterprise distribution which is a pre-built and pre-configured collection of software packages focused on machine learning. SkyMind's products include :
- Deeplearning4j - IIt is an open-source, distributed deep-learning library written for Java and Scala. Integrated with Hadoop and Spark, DL4J is designed to be used in business environments on distributed GPUs and CPUs. DL4J is customizable at scale.
- ND4J - ND4J and ND4S are scientific computing libraries for the JVM. It is is meant to be used in production environments rather than as a research tool, which means routines are designed to run fast with minimum RAM requirements.
- DataVec - DataVec solves one of the most important obstacles to effective machine or deep learning: getting data into a format that neural nets can understand.
- javacpp - JavaCPP provides efficient access to native C++ inside Java, not unlike the way some C/C++ compilers interact with assembly language.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|November 29, 2022||skymind_4||@OmegaBlackArt That's epic|
|May 11, 2021||Peargor||Procrastination https://t.co/Tia8AXKWfD|
|November 23, 2022||skymind_4||@BetaEtaDelota Bill gates|
Top News Headlines
- New Startup Skymind Offers Support for Open Source Deep Learning - It offers support and services for deeplearning4j, an open source deep learning project it has created. 
- The Mission to Bring Google’s AI to the Rest of the World - Skymind will serve not only as a steward for this open source project but as a consultant that will help others use the code to build their own AI-powered online services. 
- Skymind launches with open-source, plug-and-play deep learning features for your app - Deep learning essentially drives computers to make inferences like human brains do, based on the consideration of lots of information. 
- Deep Learning for (Some of) the People - Deep learning techniques have driven some of the latest breakthroughs at Google, Facebook, and Microsoft in areas such as facial recognition and instantaneous translation. 
- A startup called Skymind launches, pushing open source deep learning - The existence of open source libraries backed by professional services could certainly help spur adoption — especially for a field of data analysis previously relegated to top universities and research labs at companies such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Baidu.