|Ra Pharmaceuticals Inc|
|Industry||Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical|
|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|Key people||Douglas A. Treco (Co-Founder, CEO), David C. Lubner (CFO), Ramin Farzaneh-Far (Chief Medical Officer), Kristopher Josephson |
|Investors||Amgen Venture, Lightstone Ventures, Limulus Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, New Enterprise Associates, Novartis Venture Fund, Novo Ventures, RA Capital Management, Rock Springs Capital|
|Number of employees||40 |
Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of diseases caused by excessive or uncontrolled activation of the complement system. 
Ra Pharma combines novel insights into innate immunity with leadership in macrocycle technology to transform the lives of patients with life-threatening disorders. Our proprietary peptide chemistry platform delivers drugs with the diversity and specificity of antibodies, coupled with the pharmacological properties of small molecules. Our primary clinical focus is on diseases of complement dysregulation and orphan indications defined by validated biomarkers.
It recently filed for a $86 million IPO and plans to list on the Nasdaq under the symbol RARX. Credit Suisse, Jefferies, BMO Capital Markets and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey are the joint bookrunners on the deal. 
The company’s lead product candidate is RA101495, an injection into the tissue under the skin for the treatment of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH). It also develops Factor D inhibition for age-related macular degeneration and geographic atrophy, Oral C5 inhibitor for refractory generalized myasthenia gravis, lupus nephritis, and central nervous system (CNS) diseases, C1s inhibition for autoimmune/CNS diseases.
RA101495 is a synthetic molecule that’s like a peptide, which is a string of amino acids similar to proteins, but smaller and typically more fragile. Ra’s molecule has a modified chemical structure that enhances its stability and potency
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|September 22, 2022||DCBionetwork||DCBN News: Rivus Pharmaceuticals Closes $132 Million Series B Financing to Advance HU6 for the Treatment of Obesity… https://t.co/N8MZrZ6We7|
|September 21, 2022||CrweWorld||Thinking about buying stock in RA Medical Systems, FREYR Battery, PBF Energy, Coty, or Syros Pharmaceuticals? https://t.co/7fezWpxuFs|
|September 17, 2022||GCFawcett55||@moveablemass @josbourgault @Breckscafe @dantnw @TheoFleury14 My dad has RA, living on chemical pharmaceuticals unt… https://t.co/N05UhdeIR3|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Ra Pharmaceuticals, a VC-backed biotech, files for a $86 million IPO - It plans to list on the Nasdaq under the symbol RARX. Credit Suisse, Jefferies, BMO Capital Markets and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey are the joint bookrunners on the deal. 
- Ra Pharmaceuticals IPO Should Wait For Further Results -Although Ra has some collaboration revenues from Merck, they're "lumpy" and difficult to rely on. 
- Ra Pharma Gets $58.5M in Crossover Cash to Target Rare Blood Disease - This is take its first drug, a potential treatment for an ultra-rare blood disorder, called paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria, into human clinical testing 
- Ra Pharmaceuticals Announces $58.5M Series B Financing - Complement C5 Inhibitor Peptide Poised to Enter Clinical Evaluation for Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuri. 
- Ra Pharmaceuticals Appoints Chief Scientific Officer and Expands Board of Directors - Biopharmaceutical industry veteran Robert Heft and Tim Pearson named Directors.