NextStep Atlanta - Paralysis Recovery Center
|NextStep Atlanta - Paralysis Recovery Center|
|Headquarters||1755 Grassland Pkwy STE B Alpharetta, GA 30004|
NextStep Atlanta offers Paralysis recovery programs for patients with movement disorders. NextStep Atlanta is a pioneer in activity-based recovery programs, with over a decade of combined experience. The center is staffed with certified Activity Based Trainers who treat thousands of patient hours every year from more than 25 states and 6 countries. The center located in Alpharetta Ga is a 6500 square foot (state-of-the-art) facility designed to not only treat patients but to teach, encourage and motivate through their recovery. NextStep are the only center, not attached to a hospital or university, that is supported through published research in peer reviewed journals.
NextStep has some of the most advanced equipment designed to treat paralysis including a few items available in no other location that have been developed by and for NextStep Atlanta. One of the state of the art devices NextStep uses is the JoGo portable bio feedback device.
Individuals suffering from paralysis including;
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Parkinson's Disease
- and other neurological conditions
- Clinic also uses Jogo portable bio feedback device
- 2008, NextStep was founded
- Opened paralysis training centers in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Orlando, and Kansas City.
- 1st community based center in the Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network
- 1st community based center to offer Locomotor Training in the US.
- Launched a nationwide movement - In NextStep’s footsteps, 5 facilities have joined the NRN in Louisville, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Boston, and Chicago.
- Partnered with Stony Brook University to build a NextStep center in New York.
- Launched a movement in South Alberta through a medical community partnership to increase and improve services for those with paralysis.
- Awards: County of LA Access Award, Telly Award, and Classy Award Finalist
- National televised media coverage on CNN, ABC, CBS, HLN, Discovery…
- Launched Wounded Veterans Scholarship Fund and Quality of Life Grant and Low-Income Scholarship Programs
- Partnership with Revived Soldiers Ukraine
- Awarded Grants: Reeve Foundation, Craig H. Neilsen Foundation, Fran & Ray Stark Foundation, Bank of the West, and more
- Raised over $4,000,000 in support of people suffering from paralysis.
- Improved the quality of life, recovery, and overall health of over 2,000 individuals.
- Support 150+ individuals and their families on a monthly basis.
- With improved health and independence, NextStep members have been able to start new careers, go to school, start driving, get married, start families, and most of all, live healthy and happy lives.
- Offer monthly peer groups, educational classes, and recreational activities for the community.
- Internship programs and partnerships with universities across the country including; UCLA Cal State Dominguez Hills, Stony Brook University, and more.