Mylan is a global healthcare company focused on making high quality medicines available to everyone who needs them. Our heritage of being a provider of generic pharmaceuticals goes back to our founding in West Virginia in 1961. Today, we are passionate champions for better health around the world with a platform unmatched in the industry.
|Type||Public / Private|
2015-Mylan acquires Abbott's non-U.S. developed markets specialty and branded generics business.
2013- Operations begin at their new Robert J. Coury Global Centre in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a 280,000-square-foot, five-story innovative workspace. 8 Their antiretroviral portfolio launches in South Africa
- EpiPen®(epinephrine) Auto-Injector celebrates 25 years as the No. 1 prescribed epinephrine auto-injector in the U.S.*
- Mylan acquires Agila Specialties creating a global injectables leader
- IMS data, 1987-2012
2012- Mylan, led by Heather Bresch, champions the Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act (FDASIA), which holds both foreign and domestic manufacturers to one global quality standard. The Act includes the Generic Drug User Fee Act (GDUFA). Together, FDASIA and GDUFA aim to speed up access to safe and effective generic medicines while providing more visibility into how medicines and their ingredients are manufactured and shipped around the world.
- They introduce a new and expanded management structure to help fuel our continued growth and success. Robert J. Coury transitions into the role of executive chairman of the board. Heather Bresch is promoted to CEO and Rajiv Malik is promoted to president.
- They launch commercial operations in India and team up with Pfizer in Japan
- Mylan is selected as a supplier to India’s National AIDS Control Organization and is named the leading antiretroviral supplier to the South African National Department of Health
- Nearly 40% of patients receiving treatment in developing countries are using a Mylan product
2011- Mylan celebrates 50 years of unconventional success.
- They acquire Pfizer’s respiratory delivery platform.
2010- Mylan's acquisition of Bioniche Pharma expands our injectable portfolio with products for use in orthopedics, rheumatology, urology and dermatology.
2009- Mike Puskar retires and Robert J. Coury is named chairman of the board.
- They launch next-generation EpiPen® Auto-Injector (epinephrine).
- Their first global product, LANSOPRAZOLE (lansoprazole capsule, delayed release pellets), launches.
- Lopinavir/Ritonavir, an innovative heat-stable ARV treatment, is created for use certain countries where refrigeration isn't readily available.
- Robert J. Coury and former President Bill Clinton announce an agreement for better, more affordable treatment for HIV/AIDS patients in the developing world.
- Mylan is named to the Fortune 500 list.
- Mylan remained on the list until it reincorporated outside the U.S. in 2015.
2008- Mylan declare a turnover of $5 billion.
2007- Mylan become a global company by acquiring a controlling interest in Matrix Laboratories, a supplier of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and by purchasing Merck KGaA’s generics business.
- Matrix has low-cost manufacturing facilities in India and China and marketing capabilities in Western Europe and Africa. Matrix gives us unprecedented control over our supply chain and expands our dosage forms and therapeutic categories. This includes the addition of antiretroviral medicines for people living with HIV/AIDS
- Merck KGaA’s generic business sells products in more than 90 countries. Combining forces provides massive global scale, expands our product portfolio and provides entry into new commercial markets
- With the acquisition of Merck KGaA generic business, we acquire the rights to EpiPen®(epinephrine) Auto-Injector, the world's No. 1 dispensed epinephrine auto-injector*
*IMS data, 1987-2012
2006- Executive Heather Bresch testifies before the U.S. Senate’s Special Committee on Ageing regarding issues that put billions of dollars of consumer healthcare savings at risk.
2004-2006 In the U.S., the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act and an aging Medicare population fuel generic utilization, which reaches 78% by decade’s end. They are ready, having put in place a plan to expand through organic growth and acquisitions from a mid-size company into a global leader.
2004- In 2004, Mylan was added to the S&P 500 and shipped eleven billion doses, more than any other pharmaceutical company.
2002- Soon after entering their fifth decade, they declare a turnover of $1 billion.
- Robert J. Coury is elected to the board of directors and becomes vice chairman and CEO.
1995- They become the most-dispensed line of brand and generic pharmaceuticals in the U.S.
1993- Mike Puskar becomes chairman and CEO.
1993-1996 The market is becoming increasingly competitive as demand for high quality, affordable medication rises.
- In 1993, they acquire Bertek Inc., an innovator of transdermal medicine systems. Bertek is later renamed Mylan Technologies Inc., or MTI
- In 1996, Mylan adds unit dose packaging with the acquisition of UDL, the largest pharmaceutical unit dose packaging company in the United States
At the same time, generic utilization rises to about 47%, and they continue to capture market share while discontinuing private labeling and growing our own “Mylan” label
1989- They see irregularities in how the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) acts on ANDAs, abbreviated new drug applications. Mylan's investigation helps expose fraudulent practices and corruption in the industry. This results in reform of the FDA’s review procedures for generic drugs and new precautions to help ensure consumer safety.
1984- Mylan's first branded product approval, for MAXZIDE® TABLETS (triamterene and hydrocholorothiazide tablets, US), is a first for a generics company. 1982- Mike Puskar helps establish the Generic Pharmaceutical Industry Association, GPIA, to give the industry a voice. During the next few years, GPIA lobbies for the Hatch-Waxman Act, which passes in 1984.
1976- Mike Puskar, who had left the company, returns as president. He and chairman and CEO Roy McKnight lead Mylan through a period of unprecedented growth.
1973- To fuel expansion, Mylan goes public. By the end of the 1970s, they produce five of the 10 most prescribed generic medicines—all five are antibiotics.
1972- We change the spelling of Mylan to stand out at the bottom of the list of stocks that begin with the letter "M".
1969- Parke-Davis is the first major pharmaceutical company to purchase and privately label Milan products. They also introduce a new logo—the letter “M” formed by three test tubes suggests scientific leadership and teamwork.
1966- After receiving approval from the FDA to manufacture their first medicine, Penicillin G, they broaden their product line to include other generic antibiotics as well as analgesics, antihistamines, diuretics and tranquilizers. They market these to large drug companies, drug store chains and mail-order drug providers, all for resale under the customers’ own labels.
1965- They move to Morgantown, West Virginia in 1965 and begin manufacturing various over-the-counter products the next year. Success leads to a decision to switch production to generic pharmaceuticals.
1961- First known as Milan, the company starts doing business in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. U.S. Army chums, Milan "Mike" Puskar and Don Panoz flip a coin to see who will name the business and who will be the company’s first president. They start distributing products to doctors and chemists from an old Pontiac Bonneville.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|February 03, 2023||yaboy_kb||@Tuckerrr333 @mylan_scott @CyberBorked @ninaturner What numbers?|
|February 03, 2023||Tuckerrr333||@yaboy_kb @mylan_scott @CyberBorked @ninaturner where are the numbers?|
|February 03, 2023||yaboy_kb||@Tuckerrr333 @mylan_scott @CyberBorked @ninaturner This is literally from MIT what do you mean 0 evidence|
|February 03, 2023||Tuckerrr333||@mylan_scott @yaboy_kb @CyberBorked @ninaturner literally zero concrete evidence provided.|
|February 03, 2023||mylan_scott||@Tuckerrr333 @yaboy_kb @CyberBorked @ninaturner It obviously varies depending on local cost of living, so in certai… https://t.co/ofr57NvoPS|