|Slogan||Build It Right. Build It With Concrete.|
|Key people||Jeff Bradley, Matt Brown, Mark Carpenter|
|Number of employees||5565 |
Forterra Inc. is a manufacturer of pipe and precast products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage comprising Drainage Pipe & Products, Water Pipe & Products, Structural & Specialty Products and Stormwater Management Systems. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5,500 people and operates more than 95 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
- 1991, Hanson acquired Gifford-Hill and established the company's North American presence.
- 2006, Company name was changed to Hanson Drainage Pipe & Products.
- 2007, Hanson purchases Hyprescon and expands its Canadian operations.
- December 24, 2014, Hanson Building Products was bought by private equity firm Lone Star.
- February 4, 2015, Hanson Building Products officially withdraws IPO after $1.4 billion Lone Star acquisition.
- October 1, 2015, Hanson Building Products announced that its North American concrete pipe and precast business has finalized the purchase of Cretex Concrete Products headquartered in Maple Grove, Minnesota.
- February 1, 2016, Forterra acquires Sherman-Dixie Concrete Industries.
- April 15, 2016, Forterra Building Products announced that it has acquired U.S. Pipe.
- July 10, 2016, Forterra announced the mothballing two plants in Lancashire.
- August 3, 2016, Forterra Acquires Bio Clean Environmental Services and Modular Wetland Systems.
- October 16, 2016, Hanson Building Products announced company name change to Forterra.
- October 19, 2016, Forterra Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering At $18.00 per share.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|September 30, 2022||DBeekman||NEW: The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe has accused the Seattle-based land conservancy Forterra of misleading the tribe an… https://t.co/xYisJlm04y|
|October 05, 2022||ForterraNW||Thank you to @Brighton_Jones_ for joining Green Cities for restoration work in Kiddie/City Park in Des Moines! Rea… https://t.co/e4ni50njMC|
|October 05, 2022||TheGazette_news||The initiative helps children with special educational needs https://t.co/LVpZeLCdr3|
|October 04, 2022||IDEAbuilder||#Forterra and the #SnoqualmieTribe disagree on $20 million #USDA grant. Demand for #MassTimber is growing and the… https://t.co/FOHuuID3Yp|
|October 04, 2022||CCRawlings||Hopefully the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe and Forterra can work this out ASAP. Robert (Bob) De Los Angeles Michelle Co… https://t.co/QgMI7T5fvL|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines