Datawatch Corporation is an American software company that manufactures and sells a managed analytics platform that allows business users to prepare their data and to create interactive data visualizations. The company has a focus on data preparation, business intelligence, and visual data discovery.
Datawatch Corporation is engaged in the design, development, manufacture, marketing, and support of business computer software primarily for the operational reporting and data analysis, data integration, enterprise content management and business service management markets.
Datawatch Corporation provides Managed Analytics Platform that brings together self-service data preparation with visual data discovery. Users can quickly discover key factors that improve their business by transforming data from multi-structured sources, as well as real-time streaming data, into visually rich analytic applications.
|Traded as||NASDAQ, DWCH|
|Founded||Chelmsford, Massachusetts (1985)|
|Headquarters||Bedford, United States|
|Number of employees||147 (Q2 2016)|
Datawatch invented self-service data preparation. Twenty years ago Datawatch Monarch product was introduced to solve the vexing data challenge of the time – unlocking mainframe print spool data so it could be used for other analytic tasks. And over the years, although the types of “dark data” formats have evolved, core mission has never wavered – allow ordinary people to achieve extraordinary results with any data.
With the advent of new self-service analytics tools designed for business users, the need for a complementary self-service data preparation solution is becoming widely recognized. Overcoming organizational data challenges is critical to achieving business success:
- 80% of an analyst’s time is spent on data preparation
- Only 12% of enterprise data is used for decision making
- Data will grow 800% over the next 5 years and 90% will be multi-structured
Datawatch products empower customers to solve some of the most difficult data challenges with drag-and-drop, or mouse clicks.
- Founded: 1985
- Publicly Traded: NASDAQ-DWCH
- Customers: Global customers of every size, including 431 of The Fortune 500
- Employees: 150 Worldwide
- Headquarters: Bedford, Massachusetts, US
- Regional Offices: New York, London, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Singapore and Manila
- Capital Markets
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
Datawatch's technology relies on in-memory OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) cubes, which are displayed through a series of visualizations including treemaps. This allows the user to load data, select variables and hierarchical structures, and navigate through the resultant visualization, filtering, zooming and drilling (sometimes called slicing and dicing), to identify outliers, correlations and trends.
Its streaming OLAP implementation takes an in-memory OLAP cube and allows data to be streamed through it. This combination makes the company's products attractive to industry verticals that require live streaming data, such as financial market data, utility grid monitoring and telecommunications network traffic analysis. This is very different than the vast majority of OLAP implementations in which cubes are rebuilt periodically for new batches of data.
This support for streaming data with its products has allowed financial institutions such as JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Citadel , and BlackRock to implement the Datawatch software within their real-time trading and risk applications. Euromoney has stated that it provides the trader community with a way of quickly digesting information.
Technology Alliance Partners
- Thomson Reuters
December, 2013: Xerox Canada and Datawatch partner to unlock value of data for retail chains, other large enterprises.
February, 2014: Datawatch announced a Global Strategic Alliance with MarkLogic.
February, 2014: Datawatch announced a partnership with Monarch Experts, the leading specialist consultancy in London. Monarch Experts will help existing Datawatch customers transition to the new Visual Data Discovery platform.
March, 2014: Datawatch named Carahsoft Technology as its Master Government Aggregator. Carahsoft, a government IT solutions provider, is now marketing and selling Datawatch’s solutions to the public sector. March, 2014 - Datawatch announced its global partnership with OSIsoft and the release of its real-time data connector to the OSIsoft PI System.
April, 2014: Datawatch integrated its software with Cloudant's NoSQL database-as-a-service DBaaS.
- Datawatch announced a Global Relationship with Informatica.
- Datawatch announced support for IBM Cognos TM1.
- Datawatch announced a Global Strategic Alliance with Perceptive.
- Datawatch announced a partnership with MDS Tech Inc.
- Datawatch joined the Industrial Internet Consortium.
- Datawatch announced OEM agreement with Kx Systems.
- NASDAQ OMX Launches MiQ with a partnership with Datawatch.
- Datawatch announced predictive analytics solution with partner Quant5.
- Datawatch announced support for Cloudera Enterprise 5.
- Datawatch announced solution developed with First Florida Credit Union.
- # Datawatch Corporation, Yahoo Finance
- Bloomberg Business Week, Datawatch Corporation
- Datawatch Acquires Panopticon, Waters Technology
- Be Your Own Rocket Scientist
- Wall Street & Technology, "Datawatch Upgrade to Ease Fraud Investigations, Expert Says"
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch Announces Release Of Fully Integrated Datawatch Desktop"
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch and MarkLogic Announce a Global Strategic Alliance to Deliver Next Generation Visualization Solutions for Big Data Environments", 2/19/2014
- PR Newswire, "Datawatch and Monarch Experts Announce Partnership ", 2/21/2014.
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch Delivers Visual Data Discovery to NoSQL Cloud DBaaS", 4/22/2014
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch Announces Global Relationship with Informatica", 5/8/2014.
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch to Demonstrate Support for Latest IBM® Cognos® TM1 at Visions 2014 Conference", 5/8/2014.
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch Announces Global Strategic Alliance with Perceptive To Enhance Analytics for Content Management Solution", 5/9/2014.
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch Announces Partnership with MDS Tech Inc.", 5/21/2014.
- Reuters, "Datawatch Joins Industrial Internet Consortium", 5/28/2014.
- Yahoo Finance, "Kx Systems Signs OEM Agreement with Datawatch", 5/29/2014.
- Nasdaq, "NASDAQ OMX Launches MiQ, a New Business Intelligence Product for Global Capital Market Operators", 5/20/2014.
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch and Quant5 Team to Bring Predictive Analytics to Real-time Visual Data Discovery", 6/17/2014.
- Yahoo Finance, "Datawatch Announces Latest Solution Offering Developed in Partnership with First Florida Credit Union," 6/23/2014.