|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
|Key people||Michael W. Nall(CEO), Tim Kennedy(CFO), Lyle Arnold(CSO)|
|Investors||Needham Capital Partners|
|Number of employees||28 |
Biocept, Inc., a cancer diagnostics company, develops and commercializes proprietary circulating tumor cell (CTC) and circulating tumor DNA assays utilizing a standard blood sample. The company’s cancer assays provide an information to oncologists and other physicians that enable them to select personalized treatment for their patients based on detailed data on the characteristics of tumors. It offers assays for solid tumor indications, such as breast cancer, lung cancer, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, and melanoma. Biocept's technology uses a proprietary antibody based enrichment technique to detect rare CTCs found in a patient’s blood sample (1 in 1 million). The company sells its cancer diagnostic assays directly to oncologists and other physicians at private and group practices, hospitals, and cancer centers in the United States, as well as markets its clinical trial and research services to pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, and clinical research organizations. Biocept, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
- June 1, 2015, Biocept was granted U.S. Patent for Blood Collection and Transport Tube.
- June 3, 2015, Biocept enters Clinical collaboration with Sarah Cannon Research Institute focused on screening ER+ Breast Cancer Patients
- July 14, 2015, Biocept launches diagnostic Assay for BRAF Mutations in Patients with Melanoma.
- August 3, 2015, Marileila Varella Garcia joins Biocept as Scientific Advisor.
- August 5, 2015, Biocept launches its First Liquid Biopsy Diagnostic Test for Colorectal Cancer.
- August 21, 2015, Biocept, Inc. announced the voluntary resignation of Bill Kachioff, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The company also announced that Mark G. Foletta has been appointed as the company’s interim Chief Financial Officer.
- November 23, 2015, Biocept, Inc. announced two new agreements with preferred provider organization (PPO) networks. Fortified Provider Network and Three Rivers Provider Network members now have network access to Biocept's proprietary non-invasive liquid biopsy testing.
- February 26, 2016, Biocept, Inc. announced that findings demonstrating the ability to reliably detect actionable genetic alterations used in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of patients with lung cancer using its blood-based biopsy was presented in a poster at the UCSD Moores Cancer Center Industry/Academia Translational Oncology Symposium held this week in San Diego.
- August 11, 2016, Biocept expands distribution of Liquid Biopsy tests to the Philippines.
- August 30, 2016, Biocept announces agreement with Teneovita Medical to market and distribute its Liquid Biopsy Testing Platform in Canada.
- September 1, 2016, Biocept expands Chinese patent protection covering key technologies for Circulating Tumor Cell Capture and Analysis.
- September 9, 2016, Biocept to collaborate with renowned Clinical Investigator Dr. Shilpa Gupta to study the utility of Liquid Biopsy Testing in Bladder and Prostate cancers.
- October 19, 2016, Biocept announces closing of $10 Million IPO of Common Stock and Warrants.
- October 14, 2016, Biocept announces pricing of $10 Million IPO of Common Stock and Warrants.
- October 20, 2016, Study results presented at the 2016 ESMO Annual Congress demonstrate leading clinical performance with Biocept's ctDNA Liquid.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|December 01, 2022||_VinayakShinde_||Growing awareness about advanced minimally invasive tests in #cancerdiagnostics will stimulate the adoption of… https://t.co/V3JicMzEx6|
|November 30, 2022||thenyledger||Biocept, Inc. (BIOC) Q3 2022 Earnings Call Transcript https://t.co/vWMG9Bc47Y #news #breaking_news #business #finance #markets #nyc|
|November 30, 2022||Tickeron||$BIOC in -3.79% Downtrend, sliding for three consecutive days on November 29, 2022. View odds for this and other in… https://t.co/VFB2sxty2O|
|November 30, 2022||Mac0909511540||@Biocept @theABTA Please keep giving hope to patients and maybe some hope to your investors!|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines