|Headquarters||Corvallis, Oregon, United States|
|Key people||Francisco J. Martin (Chief Executive Officer and Director), J. Justin Donaldson, Jos Verwoerd, Adam Ashenfelter, Jose Antonio Ortega |
|Number of employees||31+ |
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Machine Learning Industry Overview|
BigML, Inc. is a Machine learning company that provides software as a service (SAAS) for manipulating and analyzing data. The service can be used in production mode or development mode. Development mode is free but limited in the size of tasks that can be completed. Production mode is a paid mode and credits can be purchased ad hoc in blocks or on a subscription basis. This is a familiar pattern from other cloud based services like storage or compute servers.  BigML provides three main modes to use the service:
- Web Interface: A slick web user interface that is fast and responsive. The web interface guides the analyst through the process of uploading data and making a descriptive or predictive model and evaluating the model or making predictions as needed.
- Command Line Interface: A command line tool called bigmler built upon the mature Python API for the service that allows more flexibility than the web interface such as the choice of making predictions against a constructed model locally or remotely, and performing tasks such as cross-validation to approximate model accuracy
- API: A RESTful API is provided that can be used directly via curl commands or via a wrapper in your favorite programming language.
- 2011 - BigML was founded
- 2012 - BigML creates a Marketplace for Predictive Models.
- 2013 - BigML received $1.3M in a funding round
- 2013 - BigML turns its cloud prediction engine toward text
- 2014 - BigMl release Advanced Predictive Modeling platform
- 2016 - Telefónica Open Future_ and BigML create PreSeries, a joint venture for early stage investment
BogML's products include : -
- WhizzML - It is a new domain-specific language for automating Machine Learning workflows, implementing high-level Machine Learning algorithms, and easily sharing them with others.
- BigML.io - It is a Machine Learning REST API to easily build, run, and bring predictive models to your project. You can use BigML.io for basic supervised and unsupervised machine learning tasks and also to create sophisticated machine learning pipelines.
- BigMLer - It is a command line tool, and it helps to automate the Machine Learning workflows in a single line.
- The BigML PredictServer - It is a dedicated machine image ideal to perform millions of predictions in real-time.
- Flatline - It is BigML’s Lisp-like language that enables you to programmatically perform an array of data transformations, including filtering and new field generation. Flatliner is a handy code editor that helps to test the Flatline expressions.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|December 13, 2018||bigmlcom||Get smarter about the #AI apocalypse: potential benefits and pitfalls https://t.co/Mc3V7qMUFJ https://t.co/mtmnIiPA6h|
|December 11, 2018||kdnuggets||Applying Dimensionality Reduction with PCA to Cancer Data @bigmlcom helps to make it more understandable - a model… https://t.co/szHzGtHpbn|
|December 11, 2018||bigmlcom||#MachineLearning for #Healthcare: Applying Dimensionality Reduction with #PrincipalComponentAnalysis to #CancerData… https://t.co/eDWVTOZmCY|
Top News Headlines
- Telefónica Open Future_ and BigML create PreSeries, a joint venture for early stage investment - Telefónica Open Future_ and BigML have created one of the first automated platforms that predict the probability that a startup, even in its very early stages, will be successful. 
- Global Analytics as a Service Market Worth USD 23.49. Billion by 2021 - Analysis, Technologies & Forecasts Report 2016-2021 - Key Vendors: Amazon Web Services, Cloudera, Google - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Analytics as a Service Market - Global Forecast to 2021" report to their offering. 
- Advanced Predictive Modeling Blossoms with 2014 BigML Spring Release - The 2014 BigML Spring Release is a continuation of the company's efforts to boost predictive modeling which was reported by ProgrammableWeb earlier this year.