Basic Pharma is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development, registration, manufacturing and commercialization of pharmaceutical niche products. The company mainly produces sterile and non-sterile, semi solid and liquid preparations and acts as a service provider for academic centers, biotech start-ups and the pharmaceutical industry. Located at the Brightlands Chemelot campus in Geleen, the Netherlands, Basic Pharma companies employ around 100 employees at diverse levels of expertise and proficiency.
|Headquarters||Burgemeester Lemmensstraat 352 Geleen, 6163 JT Netherlands|
|Number of employees||around 100 employees|
In addition to being a manufacturing company, Basic Pharma, through its entities Basic Pharma Manufacturing, Interdos and Basic Pharma Technologies, provides services and advice to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device industry.
- Laboratory Services: Basic Pharma Laboratory, a department of Basic Pharma Manufacturing, provides a wide range of laboratory services from its fully equipped, GMP-certified laboratory. Basic Pharma serves as the Quality Control laboratory for Basic Pharma Manufacturing. Basic Pharma Laboratory offers an extensive range of test methods at competitive prices. With motivated team of laboratory professionals, they can perform the following tests: - HPLC (UV, DAD, IR and fluorescence detection)
- DSD (Droplet Size Distribution)
- UV and IR spectroscopy
- Identification testing and limit tests
- Quality Services: Basic Pharma group has gained massive expertise in the field of Quality Assurance and Quality Control and built a comprehensive, GMP-compliant, Quality Management System (QMS). Due to their success in maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and building a strong organization of dedicated professionals, Basic Pharma can support other organisations seeking professional support or advice.
- CMO Services: Basic Pharma Manufacturing operates several production lines and production processes in their GMP & ISO13485 certified manufacturing facility in Geleen, the Netherlands. Its manufacturing processes range from weighing and compounding of APIs and excipients to final packaging solutions for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Their main capabilities consist of:
- GMP production & packaging, including serialisation (FMD directive)
- Serialisation only (CMO)
- GDP warehousing
- Processing of high-potency compounds
- IMP Services: Basic Pharma runs GMP-certified clean room facilities at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, the Netherlands. These facilities are supported by a well-equipped, certified laboratory. With respect to investigational medicinal products (IMPs), Basic Pharma Manufacturing can offer the following services in its GMP-controlled clean rooms:
- Aseptic fill and finish of solutions for injection, including cytotoxic compounds
- Blinding of study medication
- Preparation of placebo capsules
- Randomisation, packing and labelling of clinical trial medication
- Handling of narcotic drugs
- Biotechnology: Basic Pharma Technologies brings biologicals from lab scale to early clinical phase and beyond. Their state-of-the-art biotech facility is well equipped for a broad range of fermentation and purification strategies to support biological process development and GMP manufacturing towards first in man. All services are customised to clients' specific needs while taking into account the relevant quality guidelines.
- Regulatory Services: Interdos, the group’s consultancy firm, provides Regulatory Services and a wide range of other professional services to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device industry. For more information on the regulatory or other services provided by Interdos, please consult their website.
- Pharmacovigilance Services: Interdos, the groups’s consultancy firm, provides Pharmacovigilance Services and a wide range of other professional services to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device industry.For more information on the pharmacovigilance or other services provided by Interdos, please consult their website.
- Clinical Services and Other Services: Interdos, the groups’s consultancy firm, provides Clinical Services and a wide range of other professional services to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device industry. For more information on the clinical or other services provided by Interdos, please consult their website.
COLLABORATION AND PARTNERSHIPS
In our nearly 10 years history we have developed from a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) to a company that has its own products developed and registered. Today we combine both. We still have clients that have their products manufactured in our GMP facilities and we are still welcoming new clients who choose us to have their products manufactured at our plant. We treat their products with care and consider these products as our own. We maintain high quality standards in our state-of-the-art facilities. Our finishing & filling and packaging equipment can be used for small, medium to large scale production batches of nasal sprays, droplets, creams and ointments. We are committed to reliable supply on time at competitive prices. That’s why our clients choose Basic Pharma.
DEVELOPMENT REQUIRES COLLABORATION
Although we have been able to successfully develop several products ourselves, we work with partners for marketing and distribution of our products. Eventually these partners co-finance the development and share in the profits of licensing and supply.
We are also open for collaboration in joint development projects, where our partner brings in a product or technology that requires further development. Our contribution to the project can be flexible. We can manage a project in full or contribute as partner and execute certain development steps where you need our expertise. The choice is up to you. Throughout the project we keep you informed on the progress and costs.
Pharmacovigilance is becoming ever more critical for pharmaceutical and medical device companies as the public and legislative pressure to ensure drug safety increases every day.
Basic Pharma's consultancy department Interdos Pharma offers a complete pharmacovigilance infrastructure to Marketing Authorisation Holders for licensed products and to CMOs for clinical trials.
Their team can relieve you of all the obligations associated with pharmacovigilance. They perform hands-on support and/or provide advice on strategic issues within pharmacovigilance