|Type||Public (Filed an IPO)|
|Headquarters||Los Gatos, CA, United States|
|Key people|| Scott A. Bibaud (CEO, President and Director) |
Dr. Robert Mears (Founder and CTO)
Erwin Trautmann (Executive Vice President of Strategic Business Development and Director)
Frank Laurencio (CFO) 
|Number of employees||12+|
Atomera Inc ( formerly known as Mears Technologies, Inc) is a US‐based engineered company focused on the development and commercialization of its proprietary materials which enhance electronic performance. It develops Mears Silicon Technology, or MST, a thin film of re-engineered silicon that can be applied as a transistor channel enhancement to CMOS-type transistors in the semiconductor industry. 
MST allows transistors to be made smaller, faster, more reliably and with better energy efficiency. Atomera also intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to further strengthen its strategic intellectual property portfolio.MST can be implemented using equipment already deployed in semiconductor manufacturing facilities and is complementary to other nano-scaling technologies already in the semiconductor industry road-map. 
Atomera is currently licensing proprietary re-engineered silicon materials into the $350+ billion global Semiconductor Industry. These materials meaningfully reduce power consumption, improve performance and reduce manufacturing costs for wafer manufacturers and and electronic device designers. It was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California.
Atomera Inc was incorporated under the name Mears Technologies, Inc in 2001. Over the years it has created a patent protected, engineered material called Mears Silicon Technology (MST®) which enhances transistors to deliver significantly better performance in today’s electronics. In 2015, Scott Bibaud was Appointed as the New Chief Executive Officer of Mears Technologies.
In January 2016, Mears Technologies changed its name to Atomera Inc and recently filed an IPO in June 2016. It is filed as (ATMR) in Nasdaq.
Mears Silicon Technology (MST) CMOS technology is an ultra-thin film of re-engineered semiconductor that improves the conductive “channel” at the heart of a transistor. CMOS is currently based on an engineered silicon lattice that has unique electrical properties. These properties address a number of key device engineering challenges the industry currently faces as it seeks to reduce costs and lower power consumption. It has the following advantages:
- Increased Mobility
- Reduced Leakage and improved Gate Oxide integrity
- Reduced Variability
- ‘Silicon‐on‐Silicon’ – Additive Benefits
- High Benefit / Cost Ratio
- Stronger value proposition than the leading enhancement and scaling options
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|April 09, 2021||Tickeron||$ATOM's price moved below its 50-day Moving Average on March 1, 2021. View odds for this and other indicators:… https://t.co/NemQyqqT0o|
|April 08, 2021||Microcapreturns||$ATOM Atomera. Chip shortage only getting worse. Would be nice to see Atomera blog about how they can help solve th… https://t.co/iMtYUkHDwf|
|April 08, 2021||Tickeron||$ATOM enters a Downtrend as Momentum Indicator dropped below the 0 level on April 5, 2021. View odds for this and o… https://t.co/F4Tl5uCBbC|
|April 08, 2021||earningsflyinc||Atomera Incorporated current quarter revenue growth YoY of -12.70% ranked 2646 out of 5491 companies in our databas… https://t.co/jsQXZ0WzVb|
Top Recent News Headlines
- Atomera Inc (ATMR) CEO Buys $75,000.00 in Stock - Atomera Inc (NASDAQ:ATMR) CEO Scott A. Bibaud acquired 10,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Friday, August 5th. The stock was bought at an average price of $7.50 per share, for a total transaction of $75,000.00. 
- Pair of Silicon Valley technology companies plan microcap IPOs - Los Gatos-based chip tech business Atomera disclosed this week that it plans to raise up to $20.7 million and Sunnyvale-based private broadband network provider Full Spectrum said it plans to raise up to $18.1 million. 
- BRIEF-Atomera Inc files for IPO of 2.4 mln shares of common stock - Atomera Inc will be listed for trading upon the Nasdaq capital market under the symbol "ATMR". 
- Atomera Incorporated Announces Closing of $6 Million Convertible Note Offering - Atomera Incorporated announced the closing of a private offering of approximately $6 million in senior secured convertible notes.