Atkore International Group Inc.
|Atkore International Group Inc.|
|Headquarters||South Lathrop Ave Harvey, IL 60426 United States|
|Key people||John P. Williamson (CEO), James A. Mallak (CFO), Michael J. Schulte, William E. Waltz, Kevin P. FitzPatrick |
|Number of employees||3200 |
Atkore International Group Inc are manufacturers of Electrical Raceway products primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets and Mechanical Products & Solutions, or “MP&S,” for the construction and industrial markets. Electrical Raceway products form the critical infrastructure that enables the deployment, isolation and protection of a structure’s electrical circuitry from the original power source to the final outlet.
- The company’s electrical raceway products include metal, polyvinyl chloride, and flexible electrical conduit and fittings; armored cable and fittings
- Cable tray and cable ladders for the non-residential construction and renovation markets.
- It also offers mechanical products and solutions comprising metal framing and fittings, mechanical pipes, flexible sprinkler drops, and barbed tapes, as well as construction services for the construction and industrial markets.
- The company offers its products under the Allied Tube & Conduit, AFC Cable Systems, Heritage Plastics, Unistrut, Power-Strut, and Cope brands, as well as other sub-brands.
- Atkore International Group Inc. serves a group of end markets, including new construction; maintenance, repair, and remodel, as well as infrastructure, diversified industrials, alternative power generation, healthcare, data centers, and government through electrical, industrial, and specialty distributors, as well as original equipment manufacturers.
- 1959- Allied Tube & Conduit is incorporated in Blue Island, IL. They introduce Flo-Coat, the first patented “in-line” tube galvanization process.
- 1960 - They begin operation with 10 employees and one tube mill.
- 1965 - Their ranks swell to 100 employees. They relocate to 110,000 sq ft facility in Harvey, IL.
- 1974 - They pioneer IMC, the first light-weight alternative to rigid conduit.
- 1983 - They form a holding company to go public.
- 1985 - Their channel framing line grows with the purchase of Power-Strut. We launch Kwik-Couple®, a time saving conduit coupling product.
- 1987 - They acquired Tyco Laboratories, Inc (Later called Tyco International).
- 1995 - They acquire Unistrut (US Division), expanding our metal framing line.
- 1996 - They acquire TJ Cope, a manufacturer of cable tray systems.
- 1997 - Their fire protection and construction line grows with the purchase of American Pipe & Tube.
- 1998 - Their Special Metal Processing Facility opens with onsite clean and pickle processing and state-of-the-art computerized tracking system.
- 1999 - They acquire AFC Cable Systems® and enter Canadian market with the acquisition of Columbia-MBF
- 2003 - They form Tyco Dinaco and expand into South America.
- 2009 - They celebrate 50 years and add 500,000 square feet to our Harvey, IL facility.
- 2010 - Tyco international announces agreement to sell majority stake in our business to the private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice. The new company is named Atkore International®.
- 2011 - Atkore International starts the year as a standalone company.
- 2012 - They acquire Flexhead® Industries, a provider of flexible fire sprinkler connections, and divest our Morrisville, PA facility and GemFab business.
- 2013 - Atkore strengthens its position in the PVC market by expanding its offering of electrical conduit, fittings, elbows, irrigation pressure and plumbing & sewer pipe with the acquisitions of Heritage Plastics™, Liberty Plastics™ and Ridgeline Manufacturing™.
As Atkore continues to build its Electrical Raceway portfolio, it divests a non-core business in Brazil and closes its factory in France.
- 2014 - Atkore repurchases Tyco International’s remaining stock in our company.
Atkore continues its focus on delivering value-added solutions for our electrical raceway customers with the acquisition of American Pipe & Plastics, a manufacturer of PVC conduit serving the telecommunications, power, cable TV and fiber optic infrastructure markets. 
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|February 14, 2023||StockTipRobot||Fry my circuits! Why don't you double down on Atkore International Group Inc. $ATKR #BullMarket|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines