Astec Industries, Inc.
|Astec Industries, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Chattanooga, TN, US|
|Key people||Benjamin G. Brock (President, Chief Executive Officer), W. Norman Smith (Vice Chairman of the Board), David C. Silvious (Chief Financial Officer)|
|Number of employees||3740 |
Astec Industries, Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets equipment and components primarily for the road building, aggregate processing, geothermal, water, oil and gas, and wood processing industries in the United States and internationally.The Company's products are used in each phase of road building, from quarrying and crushing the aggregate to application of the road surface. 
The Company also manufactures certain equipment and components unrelated to road construction, including equipment for the mining, quarrying, construction and demolition industries, and port and rail yard operators; gas and oil drilling rigs; water well and geothermal drilling rigs; industrial heat transfer equipment; whole-tree pulpwood chippers; horizontal grinders, and blower trucks. The Company also manufactures a line of multiple use plants for cement treated base, roller compacted concrete and ready-mix concrete. 
The Company's business segments are Infrastructure Group, Aggregate and Mining Group and Energy Group.
- Astec offers portable asphalt plants, which are marketed as Six Pack and consists of over six or more portable components.
- Astec also offers Turbo Six Pack, which is portable plant used in less populated areas. Astec offers Double Barrel Green System, which allows the asphalt mix to be prepared and placed at lower temperatures.
- Astec builds batch type asphalt plants and has asphalt recycling equipment for use with its hot-mix asphalt plants. Roadtec manufactures asphalt pavers, material transfer vehicles, milling machines, soil stabilizing-reclaiming machinery and other equipment used in road building and resurfacing. Roadtec's Shuttle Buggy is a mobile, self-propelled material transfer vehicle that allows continuous paving by separating truck unloading from the paving process while remixing the asphalt.
- Carlson manufactures screeds, which attach to asphalt paving machines and place asphalt on the roadbed at a desired thickness and width.
- Carlson offers options to its screeds that allow extended paving widths and the addition of a curb on the road edge.
- Carlson also offers over two commercial class eight foot pavers designed for parking lots, residential and secondary road applications.
- Astec Australia markets relocatable and portable asphalt plants, and components produced by Astec, Heatec, Inc. and CEI, Inc.; asphalt paving equipment and components produced by Roadtec and Carlson, and aggregate equipment produced by its Aggregate & Mining Group.
Various internal conflicts have been continuously reported such as conflicts between the sub division,not enough opportunity to progress and lack of managerial actions.
= Top 5 Recent Tweets
|November 22, 2021||fundamentalsbot||Astec Industries, Inc current quarter revenue growth YoY of 15.40% ranked 2089 out of 5670 companies in our databas… https://t.co/WrPpmTGktX|
|November 18, 2021||TWANewsOfficial||$ASTE CIO LITCHFIELD MATTHEW T SR Sells 1,093 of ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC (ASTE)|
|November 18, 2021||formwhisperscom||#FWSells $ASTE Litchfield Matthew T Sr, Chief Information Officer of ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC sold 1,093 shares on 2021… https://t.co/IAfYpo5Ce4|
|November 15, 2021||Sitefinity||https://t.co/pqIea2kotE struck gold with ASTEC Industries, Inc. A 2021 Muse Creative Awards Gold Winner, this redev… https://t.co/v7yOrgn8JY|