Ascendis Pharma A/S
|Ascendis Pharma A/S|
|Headquarters||Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark|
|Key people||55 |
|Investors||Gilde Healthcare Partners, OrbiMed, RA Capital Management, Rock Springs Capital, Sofinnova Partners, Sofinnova Ventures, TechnoStart, Venrock, Vivo Capital |
|Number of employees||Jan Møller Mikkelsen (Co-Founder, President and CEO), Martin Auster (CBO), Michael Beckert (Chief Medical Officer (acting)), Thomas Soloway (CFO)|
Ascendis Pharma A/S is an emerging pharmaceutical company which is creating improved, patentable versions of both currently marketed drugs and high-value development-stage opportunities. The company is built upon a novel transient linker technology, TransientLink, which conjugates peptides, proteins and small molecules to a carrier molecule in a reversible fashion. This unique reversibility allows an unmodified active drug to be released (unlinked) in the body in a precise, time-controlled fashion, creating a long-acting effect. Conventional conjugation technologies are unable to achieve this type of slow-release mechanism because the polymer cannot de-link from the drug. 
Ascendis Pharma A/S, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company
- It develops various prodrug therapies to treat unmet medical needs.
- It is developing TransCon human growth hormone that has completed Phase II clinical trials in children and adults to treat growth hormone deficiency (GHD) and other indications
- TransCon Treprostinil that has completed Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, a life-threatening disease characterized by elevated blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries.
- The company is also developing TransCon Peptides for the treatment of diabetes
- TransCon Ranibizumab, a compound to support injection of ranibizumab.
- It has strategic collaborations with Sanofi and Genentech
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|May 27, 2020||AmericanBanking||Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Ascendis Pharma A/S $ASND https://t.co/f0HTZrz59w #stocks|
|May 27, 2020||WeekHerald||Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Ascendis Pharma A/S $ASND https://t.co/wXGpv2jUCm|