Ascendis Pharma A/S
|Ascendis Pharma A/S|
|Headquarters||Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark|
|Key people||55 |
|Investors||Gilde Healthcare Partners, OrbiMed, RA Capital Management, Rock Springs Capital, Sofinnova Partners, Sofinnova Ventures, TechnoStart, Venrock, Vivo Capital |
|Number of employees||Jan Møller Mikkelsen (Co-Founder, President and CEO), Martin Auster (CBO), Michael Beckert (Chief Medical Officer (acting)), Thomas Soloway (CFO)|
Ascendis Pharma A/S is an emerging pharmaceutical company which is creating improved, patentable versions of both currently marketed drugs and high-value development-stage opportunities. The company is built upon a novel transient linker technology, TransientLink, which conjugates peptides, proteins and small molecules to a carrier molecule in a reversible fashion. This unique reversibility allows an unmodified active drug to be released (unlinked) in the body in a precise, time-controlled fashion, creating a long-acting effect. Conventional conjugation technologies are unable to achieve this type of slow-release mechanism because the polymer cannot de-link from the drug. 
Ascendis Pharma A/S, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company
- It develops various prodrug therapies to treat unmet medical needs.
- It is developing TransCon human growth hormone that has completed Phase II clinical trials in children and adults to treat growth hormone deficiency (GHD) and other indications
- TransCon Treprostinil that has completed Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, a life-threatening disease characterized by elevated blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries.
- The company is also developing TransCon Peptides for the treatment of diabetes
- TransCon Ranibizumab, a compound to support injection of ranibizumab.
- It has strategic collaborations with Sanofi and Genentech
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|September 26, 2020||OrbiMed||Ascendis Pharma A/S Announces U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Accepts Biologics License Application (BLA) f… https://t.co/gafMCq6Cvl|
|September 26, 2020||OrbiMed||Ascendis Pharma A/S Submits Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for Tr… https://t.co/wR27i5C6nz|
|September 25, 2020||OrbiMed||Ascendis Pharma A/S Announces Filing of the Clinical Trial Notification for Phase 3 Clinical Trial of TransCon hGH… https://t.co/n7PDhA2qNH|
|September 25, 2020||abutsinc||Ascendis Pharma A/S Announces Filing of the Clinical Trial Notification for Phase 3 Clinical Trial of TransCon™ hGH… https://t.co/ZeS2yUvc0F|