Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.
|Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Davis, CA, United States|
|Key people||Eric Rey (President & CEO), Vic Knauf (Chief Scientific Officer), Zhongjin Lu, Steve Brandwein, Wendy Neal|
|Investors||BASF Venture Capital, CMEA Capital, Mandra Capital, Saints Capital, Silicon Valley Bank |
|Number of employees||76 |
Arcadia Biosciences, Inc., an agricultural biotechnology trait company, provides late-stage crop productivity and product quality traits for various crops in the food and feed markets worldwide. Their crop yield traits are being utilized by their commercial partners to develop higher yielding seeds for the most widely grown global crops, including wheat, rice, soybean, corn, and sugarcane, as well as for other crops such as cotton, canola, turf, and trees. 
Using a variety of advanced screening, breeding and biotechnology techniques, Arcadia has created a diverse portfolio of late-stage traits across multiple crops. The company has collaborations with Vilmorin & Cie, Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Company Limited, Dow AgroSciences, E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, SES Vanderhave, Genective; Scotts, U.S. Sugar, Abbott, Ardent Mills, Bioceres S.A., Superior Hybrids, Inc., and others for the development and commercialization of its traits in various crops and consumer products. Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Davis, California. 
- The company offers a portfolio of agricultural yield traits, including nitrogen use efficiency, water use efficiency/drought tolerance, salinity tolerance, heat tolerance, and herbicide tolerance traits, as well as agronomic trait stacks to enhance crop yields.
- It also provides agricultural product quality traits, such as gamma linolenic acid safflower oil to manufacturers of nutritional supplements, medical foods, and other products under the Sonova brand name, and arachidonic acid safflower oil that is in Phase III of development for use in infant nutrition products.
In addition, the company has various programs under development that include resistant starch; grain quality, and reduced gluten programs for wheat crops, as well as post harvest quality program for tomato crops.
- Its traits are used to enhance crop yields by enabling plants to manage environmental and nutrient stresses, as well as enhance the quality and value of agricultural products.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|April 13, 2023||SADIFAnalytics||Rating Update for Arcadia Biosciences Inc $RKDA https://t.co/fFTFxQ4rVD|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines
- ↑ https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/arcadia-biosciences#/entity
- ↑ http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/arcadia-biosciences-inc-809515-77663
- ↑ http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/arcadia-biosciences-inc-809515-77663#ixzz4S47X34gh
- ↑ http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=10128457
- ↑ https://in.finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=RKDA