Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc
|Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc|
|Slogan||Transforming T Cell Therapy|
|Headquarters||Oxton, York, United Kingdom|
|Key people||James Noble (Founder & CEO), Ian Laing (Founder & Non-Executive Director), Helen Tayton-Martin (COO), Bent Jakobsen (CSO)|
|Investors||Biomedical Catalyst Fund, Foresite Capital, F-Prime Capital Partners, Merlin Nexus, New Enterprise Associates, Ali Behbahani, David Mott, Novo A/S, OrbiMed, QVT Financial, Ridgeback Capital, Rock Springs Capital, University of Oxford, venBio Partners, Wellington Management|
|Number of employees||106 |
Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the provision of cancer immunotherapy products based on its T-cell receptor platform. Its platform enables to identify cancer targets; find and genetically engineer T-cell receptors (TCR); and produce TCR therapeutic candidates for administration to patients.
They have multiple trials ongoing in both solid tumours and hematologic cancer types, and in cancers where survival rates for patients can be very limited. Their T-cell therapies have already shown preliminary evidence of tumor reduction in patients and also show a promising risk/benefit profile.
The company also has a clinical trial collaboration agreement with Merck & Co., Inc. for the assessment of NY-ESO specific peptide enhanced affinity receptor T-cell therapy in combination with anti-programmed death-1 inhibitor in patients with multiple myeloma. Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Abingdon, the United Kingdom 
- 1993-1999 - TCR technology developed at Oxford University
- 1999 - Avidex was formed on the basis of T cell receptor technology from Oxford University
- 2006 - Avidex was acquired by Medigene
- 2008 - Adaptimmune spun out as a virtual company with University of Penn collaboration
- 2011-2014 - Adaptimmune establishes R&D infrastructure and delivers promising clinical data
- 2014 - Strategic collaboration with GSK + $104m Series A Funding Round
- 2015 - Adaptimmune IPO on NASDAQ raises $176 million.
- The companys lead program includes NY-ESO cancer antigen, which is in Phase 1/2 clinical trials for the treatment of patients with solid tumors, as well as hematological cancer types, including synovial sarcoma and multiple myeloma.
- Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc is also developing MAGE A-10 TCR that is in Phase 1/2 clinical trials for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and other solid tumors
- Alpha Fetoprotein TCR therapeutic is a candidate that has completed preclinical testing for targeting a peptide associated with hepatocellular carcinoma.
- It has a strategic collaboration and licensing agreement with GlaxoSmithKline for the development and commercialization of the NY-ESO TCR program; and strategic alliance with MD Anderson Cancer Center for the development of adoptive T-cell therapies for various cancers.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|March 19, 2018||dhovekamp42||$ADAP Analyst Bullish on Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC – ADR (ADAP) “Major” Share Drivers Set to Hit This Year https://t.co/wYyworLRk6|
|March 19, 2018||MadsDegnbol||Top Analyst Bullish on Adaptimmune $ADAP Therapeutics PLC. “Major” Share Drivers Set to Hit This Year...https://t.co/mTyIh8c0aS|