|Industry||Mobile premium ad network and monetization solution|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Key people|| Will Kassoy (CEO) |
Jonathan Zweig (Founder & President)
Sophia Chung 
|Number of employees||50 - 200|
AdColony Inc. operates a mobile video advertising and monetization platform that plays crystal-clear high-definition videos. The company’s Instant-Play video advertisement technology delivers video advertisements instantly on iOS and Android platforms; and allows brands/agencies or application advertisers to engage audience with mobile videos.
The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Los Angeles, California with additional offices in San Francisco, California; Kirkland and Seattle, Washington; New York, New York; London, United Kingdom; and Helsinki, Finland. As of July 24, 2014, AdColony Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Opera Software ASA.
- 2007,the first iphone launches, the founder of AdColony created a mobile website that showcased casual, Safari-based games
- 2008, the App Store launches, Jirbo, the earlier iteration of AdColony focused ob building great mobile Apps
- 2009, AdColony’s first glimpse of Problems with mobile video and became laser-focused on mobile video
- 2011, Jirbo grows up and AdColony became official
- 2013, AdColony reached $100 Million revenue run-rate
- Recently, there have been rumors diffusing among the tech world that the leading mobile video marketing platform AdColony was being acquired by Opera Software. In a report by Nativemobile, sources said the company “either purchased or is close to purchasing mobile video advertising startup AdColony.” That rumor was quickly put to rest after CEO Will Kassoy denied the TechCrunch report.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|January 24, 2020||freezebyte||AdColony published a great guide to the ad formats we offer and the best ways to use them. If you need a little hel… https://t.co/CBjIqQu5pB|
|January 24, 2020||AdColony||@brantleytrest @DarrenHeitner Apps and streaming services (usually via Apple TV devices, Roku, Android TV, etc.)|
|January 24, 2020||brantleytrest||@DarrenHeitner @AdColony Connected TV?|
|January 24, 2020||AdColony_APAC||See how mobile gamers in #SaudiArabia have been embracing advanced #smartphone technology in our latest research. https://t.co/9UZivIH9zS|
|January 23, 2020||blastpr||Mobile and in-App Advertising Trends 2020, including commentary from @freestario @AdColony @MobilePosse @RhythmOne https://t.co/dU4Z2Twz7R|