|Key people||Rodger Novak, Samarth Kulkarni, Emmanuelle Charpentier, Shaun Foy, Sven Ante Lundberg|
|Investors||Versant Ventures, SR One, New Enterprise Associates, Abingworth and Celgene Ventures, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Bayer AG|
|Number of employees||50-100|
CRISPR Therapeutics AG focuses on the development of transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its proprietary CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing platform. The CRISPR/Cas9 technology allows for changes to genomic DNA. The company has strategic collaborations with Bayer AG and Vertex Pharmaceuticals to develop CRISPR-based therapeutics in other diseases. have licensed the foundational CRISPR/Cas9 patent estate for human therapeutic use our scientific founder, Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier, who co-invented the application of CRISPR/Cas9 for gene editing.It operates in Switzerland, the United States, and the United Kingdom and is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with R&D operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA and some business operations in London, United Kingdom.
CRISPR Therapeutics’ mission is to develop transformative gene-based medicines that offer the possibility of curative treatments. Our therapeutic approach is to cure diseases at the molecular level using CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing.
Our portfolio of therapeutic candidates spans three main categories: ex vivo treatments for hemoglobinopathies, such as sickle cell disease and β-thalassemia, allogeneic CAR-T cell therapies for cancer, and in vivo treatments for diseases of the liver, lung, and muscle.
- April 24, 2014, CRISPR Therapeutics raises $25 Million in Series A Financing and announced founding team of World-Renowned academics and clinicians.
- November 10, 2014, CRISPR Therapeutics founding scientist, Emmanuelle Charpentier was awarded 2015 Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences.
- August 11, 2015, CRISPR Therapeutics announced the expansion of its leadership team with the appointments of Samarth Kulkarni, Ph.D., as Chief Business Officer and Michael Bruce, Ph.D., as Senior Vice President, Program Portfolio and Alliance Management.
- September 30, 2015, FierceBiotech names CRISPR Therapeutics as one of its “Fierce 15” Biotech Companies of 2015
- October 26, 2015, Vertex and CRISPR Therapeutics announced collaboration to use CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Editing Technology to discover and develop new treatments for Genetic Diseases.
- December 16, 2015, Généthon and CRISPR Therapeutics announce Research Collaboration
- December 21, 2015, CRISPR Therapeutics, Bayer launch $335M joint venture.
- March 17, 2016, CRISPR Therapeutics Adds Pablo J. Cagnoni, M.D., to Board of Directors and names Tony Coles, M.D., Chairman of the Board to enhance drug development and commercialization expertise.
- June 8, 2016, CRISPR Therapeutics and Anagenesis biotechnologies announced strategic in-licensing and collaboration agreement to develop CRISPR/Cas9-based cell Therapies for Muscle Diseases
- June 24, 2016, CRISPR Therapeutics raises additional $38M as Part of Series B financing.
- October 5, 2016, CRISPR loses Nobel Prize to tiny machines.
- October 18, 2016, CRISPR Therapeutics Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering.
- CRISPR's bad IPO Timing proved costly.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|October 27, 2020||MailMyStatement||CRISPR Therapeutics' CAR-T treatment shows encouraging results https://t.co/I2GWSXHipY via @statnews #healthcare|
|October 26, 2020||microRNApro||Identification of Novel Hypothalamic MicroRNAs as Promising Therapeutics for SARS-CoV-2 by Regulating ACE2 and TMPR… https://t.co/VqhG4EsCUE|
|October 27, 2020||Spanishcountry||CRISPR Therapeutics’ CAR-T treatment shows encouraging results, but one death is tied to therapy https://t.co/vMqxl1I1qi via @statnews|
|October 27, 2020||Regencells||CRISPR Therapeutics reports remissions, one death in cancer cell therapy study https://t.co/jmNBeG5kIP https://t.co/7WIeLC5nlH|
|October 27, 2020||Regencells||CRISPR Therapeutics' CAR-T treatment shows encouraging results, but one death is tied to therapy https://t.co/lzcrz781Yu|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines