Submitting False News Stories
You can submit suspected False(Fake) News stories anonymously. But you need to have a registered verified profile to verify any content.
Setting Up a Profile
To set up your free user profile, just follow these simple steps:
- Select Create New Profile.
- Enter the required information including your real name and your email address.
- Create a strong password; at least 6 characters are required, but we recommend at least 8 characters including at least one number and one special character.
- Select the Verify Profile button at the bottom of the page.
- You will then receive a Confirmation email so that we can verify your account. Just click on the link in the email and you'll be all set.
Creating a Topic or Company Page
If you want to set up a new topic or create a company page:
- Select the orange Create Page icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter the title of the page as you would like it to appear.
- Identify the type of page you are creating and then select Start editing.
- Type in the basic information after the equals signs in the data entry field.
- Select Save Page to publish.
It’s very easy to edit the contents of a page:
- Click the Edit tab at the top of the page for a standard text editor view. You may also choose to edit using Edit Source, which will provide you with source editor view. (For coding examples for some common Edit Source tasks go to https://verify.wiki/wiki/Help:Markup)
- Make changes
- Click the Save page button in the upper right corner of the page
- You then have options to:
- Add summary of your changes
- Mark it as a minor edit
- Follow the page to keep an eye on edits
Uploading and Linking Documents
You can upload files by selecting the Upload File link from the left hand navigation menu and then use the Source Filename: Choose File icon to locate the file on your computer or network. Add additional details as you see fit and then select the Upload icon at the bottom of the page.
Once you have the files uploaded into the Media Library, you can view all available files by selecting Special Pages from the left navigation bar and then select Media Reports & Uploads: File List.
To link additional files, from the Edit Source view, type [[File: Filename with extension]]. When you save the page, it will turn into a link.
We maintain a full version history that is always available by selecting the Version History link in the upper right navigation menu. You know who, when and how content has been changed, added, or deleted. Multiple, simultaneous edits are no problem.
Storage Capacity Limits
There are no storage capacity limits.