Ronni Blasz Mackles
Product Management professional with 20 years of experience in managing traditional and digital products, including strategy, design, marketing, and transactional e-commerce solutions with an expertise in financial services and specialized consumer products. Instrumental in development and management of key Merrill Lynch products, including health savings account (HSA) and implementation of large-scale digital product launches on time and within budget. Self-starter known for initiating programs and starting new departments. Demonstrated leader emphasizing a collaborative approach with strong interpersonal skills to engage, motivate and encourage others.
Key skills are:
- social media marketing
Ronni is also good at:
- Customer Service
- Public Speaking
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media
- Strategic Planning
- Asset Allocation
- Wealth Management
- Small Business
- Mutual Funds
- Retirement Planning
- Public Relations
- Financial Services
- Project Management
- Investment Strategies
- Product Management
- Technical Product Management
- Team Leadership
- Product Development
- Digital product development
- Retail sales
- Small business management
- Technology Product Development
Verify.Wiki, Bridgewater, New Jersey June 2017- Present Advisor
Theia Senior Solutions, Princeton, New Jersey March 2016 – November 2016 Product Development and Management Consultant Responsible for the definition and delivery of the Salesforce-based technology platform, and corporate technology strategy and support. This includes selection of vendors, contract negotiations and relationship management.
Skylands Saddlery, Ringoes, New Jersey 2006 – 2015 President and Founder Built and managed a specialty store for dressage enthusiasts. Implemented four integrated retail channels including a storefront in Ringoes NJ, an ebay store, a mobile unit and an e-commerce site.
- First year sales exceeded expectations by approximately 30%.
- Profitable year three despite a soft economy
- Expanded into wholesale in 2011.
- Signed and managed several key sponsorship deals with local and international riders.
- Over 18,000 customers in database (existing clients); over 1100 Facebook followers
- Sold and/or serviced at least 800 saddles per year
- Sold business in September, 2015
Merrill Lynch, Hopewell, New Jersey 2002 – 2008 Private Client, Retirement Group Marketing and Project Consultant
- (2008) Responsible for DRO and hardship product development, integrated benefits management reporting strategy and dissemination of information, quarterly plan in review (PIR) product development and management
- (2005-2007) Managed cross-plan product development team, health savings account (HSA) product development and management, 2006 annual operating plan (AOP) and 2006-2008 long range planning (LRP) process, numerous sales/marketing decks and training presentations (Integrated Benefits Group)
- (2003-2005) Developed plan sponsor MenuServices(SM) from RFP through contract negotiations and launch, rracked P & L (in partnership with Retirement Group Finance) for all of the new investment products, negotiated contractual agreement for audit aspect of company stock (protected shares) initiative, vendor/project management of marketing and collateral associated with several new investment products (Retirement Capital Solutions Group)
- (2002-2003) Responsible for strategy, project management and detailed specification documents associated with various components of Total Retirement - retirement planning service model that corresponds with the wealth management process (Retirement and Educational Solutions
GivingCapital, Inc, Jenkintown, PA and New York City 2001 – 2002 Director of Marketing Managed institutional and retail marketing strategy and support for clients including JP Morgan, Salomon Smith Barney, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse First Boston, Legg Mason and American Express
- Developed and implemented GivingCapital corporate PR and marketing strategy including corporate identity standards, technology (phone/web), collateral material, research studies and media coverage.
- Managed the flagship product, a turnkey donor-advised fund solution.
- National Philanthropic Trust relationship manager.
Merrill Lynch, Princeton, New Jersey 1995 – 2001 Merrill Lynch Investment Managers (MLIM) – now BlackRock Director, Head of Americas eBusiness (1999-2001) Managed a team of 25 professionals responsible for the development and management of internal and external MLIM web sites. The team developed promotional content, analytical tools, and account information, data and transactions. Accountable for the marketing, communications, rollout and training associated with these sites.
- Established and managed relationships with all MLIM Americas business units, IT, and outside vendors to ensure that products/projects were delivered on time and on budget. Partnered with the other regional managers to ensure that resources were properly leveraged and maximized across the global organization.
- Developed strategy and managed implementation of mlim.ml.com and mercuryfunds.com institutional and retail asset management venues, and syndication of asset management material on additional ML venues (i.e. MLOL/MLD retail brokerage sites).
- Responsible for global and Americas components of the MLIM Intranet, and content syndication on additional ML Intranets (i.e. Worldnet, Advisory Online, Products and Services Marketing Intranet).
- Member of the MLIM Americas branding team, which re-branded and re-launched internal and external web sites as part of the division-wide branding effort.
- Successfully launched document management repository (eStudio), whose literature fulfillment capability was used by over 1,000 financial advisors a day.
- Spoke at numerous MLIM presentations and events attended by hundreds of ML financial advisors.
Merrill Lynch Private Client, Retirement Group Vice President, Manager of Electronic Media (1997 – 1999) Developed and managed Benefits OnLine(SM), Merrill Lynch’s first transactional web site designed to enroll and service 401(K), stock option and stock purchase plan participants and plan sponsors. Supervised a staff of 3 professionals. Responsibilities included marketing and communications of GES’ IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
- Marketed and later introduced Benefits OnLine at dozens of plan sponsor presentations.
- Enrolled over 1,000 plan sponsors onto the web site’s sponsor version. Enrolled over 1,700 companies onto the participant version, where over 1.5 million eligible, active, and retired plan participants using the site each day.
- Designed and implemented internal and external training programs to ensure site was supported by all groups within the business unit (marketing, operations, IT). Trained over 800 Merrill Lynch employees and hundreds of benefits administrators and corporate employees.
Merrill Lynch Private Client, Interactive Sales Technologies Assistant Vice President, Manager of Electronic Media (1995 – 1999) Responsible for the development and management of Merrill Lynch’s first web site. Oversaw product definition, prospecting, promotion, client service, content, publishing, and live events. Supervised a staff of 4 professionals.
- Obtained and distributed over 20,000 pre-qualified leads to financial advisors that resulted in millions of dollars of new assets.
- Managed various third party strategic relationships from the concept phase through contract negotiation and implementation (including but not limited to content syndication, collaborative filtering software, and revenue sharing arrangements).
- Won the 1996 Financial Communications Society award for best online communications vehicle in the financial services industry.
- Supervised two re-designs/re-launches of the site.
- Extensive branch office and presentation experience.
Global Enterprise Services (JVNCnet), Princeton, New Jersey 1994 – 1995 Program Manager, Educational Services Division Responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs at one of the eight original National Science Foundation networks.
- Managed educational and nonprofit accounts and the relationship with the NOC (Network Operations Center) to ensure client service levels were met.
- Conducted demonstrations, presentations and hands-on workshops.
New York City Board of Education, Staten Island, NY 1992 – 1994 High School teacher (short and long term substitute) Planned individual, small group, and class lessons in a cooperative learning atmosphere. Provided group and one-on-one support in computer classes and taught special education students how to use multimedia applications.
NYU 1994 (Masters, ITP), SUNY Albany 1992 (BA, Rhetoric and Communication)