Camping World Holdings
|Camping World Holdings, Inc.|
|Industry||RV Products & Accessories, Speciality Retail|
|Key people||Marcus A. Lemonis(CEO), David Garvin(Founder), Thomas F. Wolfe(CFO), Roger L. Nuttall(President)|
|Investors||Main Street Capital|
|Number of employees||10k+|
Camping World Holdings, Inc. provides a portfolio of services, protection plans, products, and resources for recreational vehicle (RV) owners and camping enthusiasts. It provides emergency roadside assistance; property and casualty insurance programs; travel assist programs; extended vehicle service contracts; co-branded credit cards; vehicle financing and refinancing; club memberships; and publications and directories. The company also offers new and used RVs, repair parts, RV accessories and supplies, and RV repair and maintenance services. As of March 31, 2016, it operated a network of 120 RV-centric retail locations under the Camping World brand in the United States. The company also serves customers through e-commerce platforms and direct marketing. Camping World Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1966 and is headquartered in Lincolnshire, Illinois.
- 1966, First Camping World store opens inside Beech Bend Park after founder David Garvin successfully launches business selling RV parts and supplies from the back of a pickup truck in the park's campground.
- 1966, Trail-R-News, a small RV lifestyle publication, receives a letter suggesting that the magazine provide bumper stickers enouraging RVers to assist each other on the road. The magazine's publisher conceives the idea of the Good Sam Club.
- 1968, Trail-R-News and the Good Sam Club are acquired by publisher Art Rouse.
- 1969, Good Sam launches the first comprehensive RV insurance program.
- 1973-79, New Camping World store with four service bays and offices opens on Beech Bend Road, a short distance from the park. First store outside Bowling Green opens in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. First Florida store opens in Kissimmee.
- 1984, Good Sam launches Emergency Road Service to help stranded RVers.
- 1996, CampingWorld.com is lauched, giving customers the opportunity to shop thousands of RV, camping and outdoor products and accessories online 24/7.
- 1997, Camping World joins the Affinity Group family of outdoor, travel and RV lifestyle enterprises.
- 2006, Camping World opens its 50th store
- 2009, Camping World becomes the title sponsor of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series ™ racing.
- 2014, The Camping World mobile app launches, offering smartphone users access to products, services, locations and various other features.
- April 25, 2015, Camping World & Good Sam Complete Sponsorship With Westwood One Radio That Launched Retailer's Rebranding Campaign
- April 26, 2016, Camping World Secures Naming Rights for Stadium and Kickoff Game.
- October 6, 2016, Camping World Holdings, Inc. announces pricing of IPO.
- October 7, 2016, Camping World raises $250 million in IPO.
- October 7, 2016, Camping World Holdings rises 3% after IPO.
- WPLG-TV, an ABC affiliate in the Miami area, aired an investigative report June 3rd at 11 pm regarding the ongoing legal dispute between Camping World, its CEO Marcus Lemonis, and Florida RV Sales of Broward dealer Gigi Stetler.
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|March 18, 2018||dailypoliticaln||The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company Boosts Stake in Camping World Holdings Inc $CWH https://t.co/rp2N9XWgKE|
|March 18, 2018||wosaikeneriki||Does This Provide a Reason to Buy Camping World Holdings, Inc. (CWH)? The Stock Has Formed Bullish Double Top Patte...|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
Top 5 Lifetime Tweets
Top 5 Lifetime News Headlines