|Industry|| Computer Software |
|Slogan||Crushing the stack|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, USA|
|Key people|| Sushil Thomas (Co-Founder & CEO) |
Priyank Patel (Co-Founder & CPO)
Shant Hovsepian (Co-Founder & CTO)
Doug Cameron (Co-Founder & Chief Architect)
|Investors|| Blumberg Capital |
|Related Certifications||Certificate in Data Science Industry Overview|
Arcadia Data is a California-based software company that provides business intelligence and analytics products and services for enterprises. Arcadia Data's BI platform enables users to create data visualizations of Hadoop data by means of a rich user interface that allows users to drag and drop data fields. This platform also supports exploratory analysis of Hadoop based data. Arcadia supports all major Hadoop distributions including Cloudera, Hortonworks, and MapR, and additionally enables users to glean insight from applications built using MySQL, Oracle, and Teradata.
Arcadia Data was founded in 2012 by Sushil Thomas, Priyank Patel, Shan't Hovsepian, and Doug Cameron. Prior to co-founding Arcadia, the team had worked in Aster Data and Doug Cameron in 3par/HP. Arcadia Data provides two products Arcadia Instant, a downloadable version of visual analytics used by a growing user community and Arcadia Enterprise, a flagship product of Arcadia and it claims that it is deployed by some of the world's most data intensive companies.
No controversies reported.
Arcadia data gets business users straight into big data with drag-n-drop ease, which does not require any coding skills to operate. This can scale out hundreds of billions of pieces of data from Hadoop clusters with near-real-time response.The technology uses Hadoop as an operating system, allowing it to run directly on Hadoop servers and access data stored in the Hadoop Distributed File System.
- Arcadia Instant provides access to data inside and outside Hadoop right from the web browser and is able to set hierarchies and logical data sets for blending visualizations across sources.
- Arcadia Enterprise includes all the features of Arcadia Instant along with features like managing data with Ambari and Cloudera Manager with secure access to visualizations and provides advanced analytics. Final visualizations can be shared and published to any user with a browser.
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized as one among the 50 Coolest Business Analytics Vendors by Big Data 100 in 2016
- Listed as one among the five Big Data Companies you don't know but Probably should, based on the research done by Blue Hill Research
- Recognized as Top Business Analytics Vendors 2016 by CRN 
- Recognized as Emerging Big Data Vendor in 2015
- 2012 - Arcadia Data is founded
- 2015 - Arcadia Data raises $11.5 million in Series A funding
- 2016 - Arcadia Data Introduces On-Cluster Security Solution for Big Data Visual Analytics and BI in Hadoop
Top 5 Recent Tweets
|December 12, 2018||arcadiadata||Find out how you can use Arcadia Enterprise to accelerate your dashboards on #data residing in @Hadoop so that end… https://t.co/CkCUixBFXV|
Top 5 Recent News Headlines
- Sketch Comedy Event 'Night of the Living Data' to Tackle Tech Industry Gender Gap and Skill Shortage; Proceeds to Benefit Girls Who Code - Arcadia Data Hosts First-Ever Tech Conference Comedy Performance to Highlight Silicon Valley Gender Inequality; Acclaimed San Francisco Sketch Troupe Killing My Lobster to Perform 
- Arcadia Data Introduces On-Cluster Security Solution for Big Data Visual Analytics and BI in Hadoop - Improves Big Data Utilization Without Sacrificing Security and Control, Overcoming Fragmentation Inherent to BI Technologies Outside Hadoop; Certified Integration With Cloudera Manager Streamlines Big Data Deployment and Management
- Arcadia Data brings visual intelligence to Hadoop 
- Arcadia Data Takes On Outdated Business Intelligence and Visualization Tools with New Enterprise Solution Built for Big Data 
- Arcadia Data takes $11.5M to sell a business-intelligence tool for Hadoop
Lifetime News Headlines
- Got Hadoop? Arcadia Enterprise could make insights easier to find
- Five Big Data Companies You Don’t Know But Probably Should